News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

It's cold....I'm bored...sharing a video

Started by grubbie, November 11, 2014, 09:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

This has little to do with dual sport riding, but it is part of why I do it. Riding with you guys is just a fringe benefit. A little off topic but.....this is a secondary function of our bikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsMGF4jiynY

Hank

Reminds of chasing cows on my old KE175 when I was a kid.   Thanks for posting it!

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

loingrader

While a good cowboy on a skilled horse is a thing of beauty I always preferred working cattle on my dirtbike.  If I end up on the ground the blame is all on me.  Thats the way I like it.  Thanks for sharing the video Grubbie.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

bikergirl4ever

Thanks for the video. I have never rounded up cattle with a bike but have many, many times with a horse. If I was closer I would love to help. I sure miss it. Now working them I don't miss .  LOL
Live, Laugh, Love

greatbuffalo

Been around cows, milkers, so never had the round up experience. The bike makes a great tool and less temperamental than a horse.
Cool vid.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

Never worked cattle with a dirt bike, but I did spend a summer in Alaska herding wolverines with my big bore CR500.

Stevsie

Quote from: Bogus Jim on November 14, 2014, 02:09:49 PM
Never worked cattle with a dirt bike, but I did spend a summer in Alaska herding wolverines with my big bore CR500.

They simply don't do anything if you have a 450 or under.

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Bogus Jim on November 14, 2014, 02:09:49 PM
I did spend a summer in Alaska herding wolverines with my big bore CR500.

Wow, wrangling wolverines.......Jimbo you're my hero.

I can say the only time I wrangled cows was many years ago......blah, blah, blah.......but the main thing I remember is, I WALKED and my father-in-law rode the horse.   
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Wolverines, dang, those things can climb like nobody's business. Someone needs to make a Wolverine dualsport. It would have to be a Yamaha as they already have that name on an ATV. Speaking of Yamaha and dual spots, when the heck are they gonna bring the 660 Tenere to the states?

Hows that for an ADD brain at work?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?