News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

my new toy

Started by YOURDRUNKDAD, June 24, 2013, 09:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YOURDRUNKDAD

Selded it how I wanted to.

Anywho here is my new toy. 06 dr650 with now 8000 miles, she so purity and seriously almost perfect condition.
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

Fletch

you definitely need to go for a ride in the woods, that thing is way to shiny and scuff-free ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

YOURDRUNKDAD

I completely agree!! Hoping to take care of that soon. 4th of July weekend is a 4 dayer for me so I am meeting a buddy from Utah half way ish. Then we are going to ride for a couple days in Wyoming.
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

YOURDRUNKDAD

Loaded up and ready to go on my first trip with her. I am meeting my buddy frfom Utah in Muddy gap then heading back to casper and down to Medicine Bow. We will be winging it from there.  I will upate pics as I take them or have service.

Bogus Jim

Have fun. If you're meeting in Muddy Gap, maybe consider riding to the top of Whiskey Peak, quite a view up there. Trail starts north of Bairoil I think.

YOURDRUNKDAD

It was a terrible time,  almost 1200 miles in beautiful country.  Just terrible.

Fletch

that's my kind of terrible time... looks like fun..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Looks great!   Did it all go smoothly?

greatbuffalo

Cool. Looks like a great area to ride. I'd be doin donuts around the tent till my riding partner lost his head. :evil :evil
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

YOURDRUNKDAD

Yes it all went great. No flats and no bad wrecks.  That Dr is my favorite bike I have ever owned. I need to put a bigger tank on it though.  Had to use my gas can a couple times. My buddy with the KLR really liked the Dr.  He is looking for something new because his bike is slowly dying.  He will rebuild it but for now he wants something better.  This weekend I put just under 1200 miles on it.  Not bad for the second weekend having her.   

YOURDRUNKDAD

This was a crazy thunderstorm that rolled in on us Friday night.

We found this in the middle of nothing. Maybe an old beaver dam because there was a small stream near by.

Seminole state park,  we enjoyed it here so much it served as base camp for the last 2 days.

Some medicine bow pictures.

Our water source for the beginning of day 3.  I Will tell you one of the best investments I have made over the years of hiking, biking and adv riding has been a good water filter. IMO Katadyn make some of the best.  My new favorite is the Vario.

tannerc

I bought a Katadyn Vario and have never used it.. I was wondering about the water taste after filtering? Do you have to choke it down or is it pleasant?
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

YOURDRUNKDAD

Quote from: tannerc on July 09, 2013, 06:45:20 PM
I bought a Katadyn Vario and have never used it.. I was wondering about the water taste after filtering? Do you have to choke it down or is it pleasant?

You will want to run water through it for a couple minutes, after that it has been great.