News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Last time out, 2013

Started by Hank, October 14, 2013, 09:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Its depressing to see the riding season come to a close, but we got in one last good day up at Akeley.
We've been trying to do this for 3 weeks, but the weather pattern has been perfectly crappy every attempt.   Nice on Monday, nice through Thursday, then rain starting Friday and tapering off sometime Sunday afternoon.    We gave it a go this weekend, and got rained out again Saturday, but Sunday was clear.    Cold, but clear.   A good morning frost then most of the day was in the 40's to 50's late day, but at least the sun was shining and the wind wasn't too crazy.

I got about 30 miles of single track in, and I can feel it today!  Time to get back into shape.    The trails were pretty tricky.  The ground was slimy and a lot of the leaves are down, so it was a nice combination of slimy dirt, with a mat of wet slippery leaves over the top, covering the slippery rocks and all the branches that were down from the steady recent wind.

This was my first "real" ride on my new to me 09 400 XC-W.   What a bike.   By far the best offroad bike I've owned, and a far better bike than I'll ever be a rider.  So easy to ride.

I took lots of video, and put one up on youtube.    Thanks again to Lance (bikerforever) for taking us out!

Sorry for all the incoherent babbling.  We had the Senas going and were having chatty time all day.

bikergirl4ever

We are glad you guys made it here one more time this year.
Wow!!! Am I ever glad I was a baby and had to go on a different trail.
We had a great time. Thank you.
Live, Laugh, Love

Osnabrock

It's always fun to ride that area when the undergrowth has lost much of it's foliage.  It makes it easier to see around corners and to see just how much elevation change there is.
I was hoping that you would have been out this weekend for the trail ride but I know there are obligations that play into things. 
I'm glad you got out on the new bike.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."