News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Paul Bunyan State Forest 10-25-14

Started by Hank, October 28, 2014, 07:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Got up to the Martineau trail system by Akeley one last time before they close it for the year.

Had a great day, but it was dry and loose.

Hank

I tried a Vimeo upload to get the quality better.     This is a second clip.

Sorry for all the grunting, especially when I'm try to pull my foot out from under the bike at the end.    Haha!

[vimeo][/vimeo]

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Hank

Yeah its a great place to ride.   Over 100 miles (I think) of single track in the area, and some of it is just crazy tight.
There are also a lot of miles of dual use stuff.

I think one of the longer sections of single is around 7 miles.   Thats a good workout!

tannerc

"Rut got a little deep" heheh! Those suckers like to wash out the front end don't they!
Jason did you do a paid subscription to Vimeo? I tried to do some videos on Vimeo,  youtube can be a bastard, but they only wanted to give me 500mb of room for free.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Yeah, rut got a little deep and my damn front wheel decided to run up the right side.    Bad piloting is likely the root cause lol.

I have the free / basic version right now, which is 500MB per week and 25GB per year uploads.    500MB /wk is pretty limited for sure.

The next step up is 5GB per week and 250GB per year for 60 bucks a year.

greatbuffalo

Haven't really looked at the numbers but is it true that Vimeo looks much better than youtube? I know a lot of the timelapse guys and independent film makers use Vimeo much more than youtube.

Does anyone have any evidence to back up my assumptions?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

That looks a lot different this time of year with all of the leaves gone. That Martineau area is a lot of fun, the northern part of Paul Bunyan up toward Bemidji is pretty enough, but not as good for riding.

bikergirl4ever

Live, Laugh, Love