News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Teknic Freestyle Jacket

Started by The Yeti, September 26, 2008, 03:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Thinking about picking up one of these jackets:

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/teknic/freestyle_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

I think it might be better suited to off-road than my current jacket, which I like a lot, but it's a little big & bulky off the street, and, more importantly, doesn't offer very good crash protection when traveling on rocks. I like the elbow & shoulder armor on this Teknic because it's outside the jacket, looks like it would give a lot of protection in an off-road get off.

Any of you have any experience with this jacket, or opinions on others??  I like the yellow one.  ;D

I worry that the sleeves and/or torso won't be long enough for my Yeti body...

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

my street jacket is a teknic jacket, full leather, that looks a lot like that one, but mine is all black.  it is long enough in the sleeve for me and i've got pretty long arms.  torso-same.  the protection is awesome and mine is 4 year old but looks new (minus all the bug guts).  i think teknic makes a quality product.  at least in my opinion.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

When I first posted this, the jacket was at $109, it's now dropped to $89! I'm waiting to see what the next drop will be.  ;D

The Yeti

loingrader

i still like it.  too bad it doesn't come in orange.

or pink.

the camo is pretty sweet.  i have no use for this jacket as the 4 other sets of gear i have cover pretty much all riding conditions i find myself in, but for $80...

i hope they all sell out soon so i won't be tempted.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Tailgunner

Hi I have the Teknic Sprint jacket which is a 3 layer type. It has been great, I've used the mesh/armor portion at 90+ degrees. it's been waterproof for a 10 hour monsoon ride, and I have used all 3 layers snowmobiling. Seems great so far. I did have a problem with the main zipper after almost a year I took it back to the dealer who contacted the company. They replaced the entire jacket including free shipping and a letter of apology. I just ordered a new version of their pants today. It's a personal gift to keep the boys warm and dry.
Take care Terry

The Yeti

The Yeti

WOW! They still have a few of these jackets and are closing them out for $20 (after gift certificate rebate)!

I don't really need another jacket, but for $20.........

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Damn.....my size is sold out......I even called them to make sure.....I'm always a day late, or maybe to fat!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

agspecialties

Not a bad jacket, i don't like it because i like my jackets long in the torso, but shit down to 39.99, cant go wrong there. Buy one Yeti and tell us how you like it.