News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Start of the season

Started by Osnabrock, January 27, 2011, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Osnabrock -

Did I read a couple of days ago that you put your DRZ in storage?  When did you pick that up?  What kind of Farkling are you planning?

Wacked

Osnabrock

I picked up a 2006 DRZ400S around June of last year.  I started riding some single track North of the Cities and was really beating up my KLR in the process.  I needed something that I could dedicate to woods riding while still being street legal.
It's a good bike but I still like the low end of the KLR.  The DRZ is alot easier to lift when I go down and that's important.
I plan on keeping it pretty simple.  It won't see any long distance stuff.  I have the my KLR "bagger" for that.
I'm squeezing in a pumper carb, adding heated grips, rim locks, oversized tank, changing the sprockets for better torque, adding hand guards, 1 1/8" bars, case guards and skid plate,  and spooning on a Michelin T63 rear and Kenda Tracmaster front.  Eventually, I'll bore it out to a 440. 
It'll be a good bike.
I got a screaming deal on the DRZ to start with and I've found most of my add-ons on Craigslist and the ADV flea market so the expense was minimal.  Like my KLR and XLR, the bikes haven't changed much over the years so it's easy to find parts.
How's your TransAlp rehab and custom work coming, Wacked?  I know you hear it all the time, but your bike is one of the coolest I've seen......ever.  I was heart broken to hear of it's hardship at the fall rally.
-John
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."