News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Another East River Thumper

Started by mitchn06, August 30, 2012, 02:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchn06

Hey guys and gals, i also stumbled upon this site while doing some regional searches over on the big ADV site! and glad i did, much easier to connect with fellow riders in our area! i'm 24 and currently sit upon a mighty XR650r where i can see over cars and into pickups!! im located in SF and wish it wasn't so dang flat and boring on this side! anybody know of any trails close to the SF region, let me know, i'll ride!
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

loingrader

welcome!

throw some ice tires and hit the river in about 6 months.  there used to be a group of xrr riders down by sf that used to do that. 

or just ride that BRP about 400 miles west and have some really great riding, and company!

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Welcome to forum from a fellow flatlander.  Like Loingrader said, you'll just have to steer West till you hill some hills. A great get together in a couple of weeks.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

We are heading up to Akeley MN to ride on Sat.  Not exactly close to SF but its an option!

ryani

Hi there.  Just joined myself.  I'm from Mitchell.  We sometimes load up and head to the Avon, Springfield area to ride for the day.  The hills are more like bumps but the scenery is nice by the river.
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

mitchn06

had i known about this site 2 months ago i would have planned better for the annual rally, but since i didn't i'll probably just have to wait till spring.  Hank, in one of your last ride reports i was reading i heard you ran into my buddy Duffer! on the Honda 650r! quite the coincidence.  He doesnt live too far from akeley and it is on my list for riding some point here. My cousin and i are actually heading out west next thursday for a two day ride unless they ban OHV travel out there also. kind of bummed about the campfire ban, oh well. My cousin just got a new bmw sertao, so he wants to do the Trans Dakota Trail once i get my bike better suited for the trip.
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition