Back in the hills. Back in the saddle.

Started by Wild Irishman, March 21, 2015, 09:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Irishman

Good evening, fellow riders.

I've recently begun the process of relocating back to The Black Hills from Denver.  I've had enough of the city and I've felt the call to head back north where I don't have to sit in bullshit traffic for hours just to get to a decent trail head. 

I was a member of this forum years ago but I don't remember my username.  So a fresh start and fresh reintroduction are in order.  I have a Beta enduro dirt bike and I ride mostly single track.  I've got a crew of friends that I'll be riding with this season but I'm open to riding with folks from here as well. 

I look forward to meeting you all and reacquainting myself with old friends.

And like Pdog Shooter graciously said in the previous introduction, lunch is on me.
- Eire

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

Welcome back. Look forward to meeting you.

Will we see you at the spring rally?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Stevsie

Welcome! Would be nice to ride some single track with someone else besides my goon friends that cant keep up and need breaks every 15min.

Wild Irishman

Thanks for warm welcome, guys.  I most likely will be headed to the rally and if anyone wants to ride before then please drop me a line.  Stevsie I'll message you the next time we go out.  Probably in the next 2-3 weeks.
- Eire

greatbuffalo

Wait till you get our stevsie. Keep riding like you do and you'll use your body up too. I'm old, slow, and dang proud to be able to get out of bed in the morning.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on March 23, 2015, 09:03:02 PM
Wait till you get our stevsie. Keep riding like you do and you'll use your body up too. I'm old, slow, and dang proud to be able to get out of bed in the morning.

I'm feeling that way myself.   
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Stevsie

Sounds good!! And yeah I feel it every time I ride. I'll be the guy with the bad knees. Already been through one knee surgery. Body preservation is always on my mind when I do anything physical anymore. I just don't like stopping all the time

Wild Irishman

QuoteWait till you get our stevsie. Keep riding like you do and you'll use your body up too. I'm old, slow, and dang proud to be able to get out of bed in the morning.

I'm getting there.  I don't stop every 15 minutes unless we need to check gps or something but I'm not in a race or anything either.  One of the good trails I remember was 6709 headed west and then hooking up with 6710 west all the way to Sheridan Lake Road.  That trail can take 30+ minutes and I don't need to stop to look at a map.  Another good one is 6713 headed west / north, but if I remember right the trail just disappears for a while north of  road 159 and then reappears again when it hits road 171 going north.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprd3824329.pdf
- Eire