Allow myself to introduce.....myself

Started by oktaneho, July 08, 2011, 12:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktaneho

Hey all, Nate here.  I've never done this online dual-sporting thing before but my friends have had good luck with it so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Anyway, I met some of you at the spring rally last month, I was the guy on the KTM 450 EXC.  I'm single but have several kids including the aforementioned EXC, a couple YZ250F's, a DL650 Vstrom, a TL1000S, a RMX250, and a couple others.  I previously had a KLR650, DRZ400E, and a DR350SE but they have all been adopted out by loving families, I think.  My turn-ons include long walks around the track, the smell of race gas in the morning, and that perfect traction inducing moisture in black dirt.  My turn-offs include popcorn-fart dusty conditions, cleaning air filters, and asshat cagers who aren't paying attention.  I first started riding dual sport rides about 11 years ago and within a couple years turned to full-on race bikes.  For the past 8-9 years I've been chasing all the local harescrambles and enduros in D23 making my way up to the A class.  Lately I've been a little burned out with the racing and so I bought the EXC this spring to get back into dual sport rides.  I'm looking forward to doing more DS rides in the future!  I'm also an avid mtn biker, snowmobiler, and not-so-avid runner.  Looking forward to meeting more of you!

:D

Scoobynut

Hey, did you check out the pictures thread from the Spring rally?  I took a killer shot of you (pretty sure it was you) blasting through a stream that I posted over there.  Would make a great background pic for your computer!  Check it out if you haven't already...

Thanks for the intro and welcome aboard.

loingrader

Hey Nate, it was good to talk to you at the rally and good of you to post up your info. 

You have a nice stable there.  Looks like you are a bit of a suzi fan.  The TL1000s is one of my favorite bikes, and my first motorcycle was an old RS175.  That plus my love of samurai's make me a bit of a zuk fan too, even though i don't currently own one.

welcome! 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro