News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sam I Am

Started by sam i am, February 01, 2012, 07:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam i am

Hello DDSR people,

While riding some single track near Silver City (Trail #6238) this summer, I came across a gentlemen on a Big Wheel Yamaha.  I can't recall his name, but he suggested I check out the DDSR forums.  After lurking for the past few months, I decided it was about time to introduce myself.

Well, my name is Sam and currently live and work in Rapid as a mechanical engineer.  I've been riding in the Hills since I was 5 years old and have been addicted ever since.  I'm still a "young-ish" guy now at age 24.  I guess I'm not much of a dual sport guy at the moment as I enjoy the tight and technical single track stuff the most, but wide open fire roads do get my blood pumping also.  My current scooter isn't much of dual sport bike either as it's an '07 KTM 505 SXF, but I'm casually looking for a more "dual sport friendly" bike such as a KTM XC/XC-W/EXC bike. 

I look forward to getting involved with the DDSR community and meeting many of you at the June rally.  In the meantime, if you see a #401 orange bike on the trail this spring...wave hello!

Sam V.

greatbuffalo

Welcome to the asylum, Sam. We have a huge mix of folks around here that ride everything from T-duds to 1200 GSs. all are welcome. All that is needed is a passion to get off the pavement and get away.

Sounds like you may have a good amount of knowledge of the Hills, that's always nice to have another one of you guys around.

Great bunch, young and old. Looking foreward to meeting you in June.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Hi Sam!  Welcome to DDSR.   I'm an ME also, but I've got a few years on ya.

Hope to meet you in June...

Lonesome Dave

Hey Sam, welcome.  I too was riding on a single track trail this summer near Silver City, wondering how the hell I got there and how do I get out.  Then along came a couple of guys, way younger than me, better shape, oh yeah, and a lot better riders, cruising on the trail towards me.  You were, (I mean they were), kind enough to tell me how to get down without going further!  :-[  I don't know who was having more trouble, the T-dub or me, but we were glad to be down off the top.  I'll try it again sometime when I'm not alone!  Oh, by the way, the TW found a new home and I got a WR250r in its place.  See you again soon.  Lonesome Dave
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Dave, i was really eyeing one of those WR250Rs yesterday at the dealer in Sioux Falls. Even sat on it and went "Vroom Vroom" as my wife looked at me like like I was her youngest child. One sweet ride. I'm jealous.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

Welcome Sam!  Glad to gain another member!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

I am new here too Sam, and just got inot hte DS thing. I still love tight single track on my 300XC-w let me know if you need someone to ride with.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike