Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Another newbie.

Started by ZIGGY, June 06, 2012, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZIGGY

Hey everyone!

Name's Cory.

Found your site searching for riding trails in the area. The family and I are from up north near Bismarck. I did a lot of off roading when I was younger.  Took a 15 year hiatus from two wheels until I picked up an '09 klx250s a couple of years ago.  Been riding blacktop and gravel with some atv and single track thrown in more recently. Looking forward to exploring, conquering and enjoying many more miles.

I'm hoping to join the rally in the hills at the end of the month...but...I've got some details to work out in order to do so. If we can't make it, have a great time.

Hank

Hi Cory, welcome to DDSR!   Hope to meet you in June!

greatbuffalo

Welcome Cory. Looking forward to riding with you. There is a great group of folks that hang out here.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

akfalla

Hey Cory! This is Andrea...your neighbor from the hills ride. I decided I'd better see what all the hype is about on here.  It was great meeting you and your wife. Hope to ride with you again soon.

Take care!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson

ZIGGY

Had a great time down in the Hills! It was nice meeting and riding with everyone there. Definitely a must do on my list for next year. I'll try not to run outta gas next time. Thanks to all who provided me with the extra fuel to make it back to Hill City on the Friday ride.

Hey Andrea, looks like we might get to do it all again in Sept. @ Akeley. Hope you guys can make it.
Might try to 'coerce' the wife onto the klx140. That might be easier said than done though! Either way it will just happen to be in the truck when we leave. Hope the knee's doing better.

akfalla

Quote from: ZIGGY on July 03, 2012, 03:16:05 PM
Had a great time down in the Hills! It was nice meeting and riding with everyone there. Definitely a must do on my list for next year. I'll try not to run outta gas next time. Thanks to all who provided me with the extra fuel to make it back to Hill City on the Friday ride.

Hey Andrea, looks like we might get to do it all again in Sept. @ Akeley. Hope you guys can make it.
Might try to 'coerce' the wife onto the klx140. That might be easier said than done though! Either way it will just happen to be in the truck when we leave. Hope the knee's doing better.

That's GREAT news! I hope to make it to Akekey... as long as i quit spending money like i have been. It'd be even cooler if you could get the lady to come out and play. That's a lot safer place to do it, not quite as many rocks as the hills.
Thanks, my knee hasn't fallen off yet, so i'm thankful for that. haha... Got chest protector and knee/shin guards along with bike parts ordered yesterday, other than the dent in the tank it'll look like it just came off the factory floor  :o So i'm ready to show you all some more tricks. haha!

Take care man! See ya in September!
-Andrea
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson