Main Menu

New Kid...

Started by akfalla, July 02, 2012, 10:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akfalla

Hello Everyone!

Here's some details about myself...
   Currently ride: 1992 Yamaha XT225 Serow
   Other interests: Music, Painting/Drawing, Camping, Target shooting and quality family/friend time

People call me Andrea  ;). I live in Madison, SD. I am fairly new to the off road riding. I Bought my Yamaha a few years back (which was in almost mint condition until my trip to the hills last week  :-\ ). It's had more road miles than off road as of now, but after last week I know it'll be seeing a lot more single track.  I'm kind of a sissy right now. A lot of the single track scare me, but the better I get the more fun I think it'll be. Had a couple hard wipe outs that have me a bit gun shy right now, but hopefully I'll get over that sooner than later.
I joined a lot of you out in the hills last week. One of the best experiences of my life, other than the few nasty bruises and broken bike pieces I had a FANTASTIC time. Glad I had the opportunity. Not only was the riding a great experience, but it was really neat to get so many people together with the same interests. It was really nice to get to talk with some of you. Can't wait for the next gathering!

Thanks for reading... see you on the next adventure! :)

-akfalla
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson

Lonesome Dave

Welcome to the group.  There's a great bunch of people here and a wealth of information.  Being gun shy fades with time.  Just stay within your limits and then stretch that limit from time to time and your confidence will begin to grow.  Riding with others will always help your confidence.  Your from Madison, I was just there this weekend on my way to Marshall, MN.  I rode my wee there to a wedding.  LD  8)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Welcome!   We chatted a bit one afternoon at the DDSR rally.   Looks maybe we'll see you at the North Shore Shindig as well!

akfalla

Thanks for your advice Dave... next time you're through you'll have to hollar... I can show you how not very exciting the riding is around here :)

Yeah, I am hoping to be at the North Shore Shindig...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson

Dr Psyko

Welcome, and kudos! Hope you had a good trip LD, we rode home on 44 this time, good trip!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.