News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Indoor enduro in Rapid

Started by loingrader, December 17, 2008, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dustin

Where do I sign up!!!  ;D That would be me doing a face plant on the first obstacle.

loingrader

isn't that hilarious!  i love it.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Alan and I need to race our 950s around there.  Or maybe not!   Would be fun on the 400!

LittleJacket

that's awesome!  We should have a group vote on which one of us should represent the Dakota Dual Sport Riders.  My vote is for Brian because deep down I know he's the craziest! 
rpjohnso

flexlarson

WOW that looks fun ..........I just printed the registration but I dont think the DR is setup for this.........Its way to big to be pulling over and lifting over things for any extended period of time. I may think of using the XR but it needs carb work and a clutch ( I think) . HUMM
Ill consult with my advisory crew. (Chad and Ryan.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

Hank

Loingrader needs to run his KDX through that.    Craigslist has a 99 KDX220 listed for 1200.. and it's tempting.  They are such fun  bikes and it would be a good bike for that.    If I buy it I'll loan it to you Brian :)

LittleJacket

you down to represent us loingrader????  Brian??????  Maybe we should contact that guy who lives near Deadwood with the old XR.  He's obviously good at jumping logs and such. 
rpjohnso

loingrader

i've never competed in anything like that.  would be a blast but i would want to run the course a few times before competing.  i'd probably make a big ol ass of myself!!!  if i was in rapid i would have to do it anyway.  being 200 miles away i doubt it will happen this year boys.  my vote is for flex on the xr.

hank, i'd probably pull the trigger if it was a 200.  those 220's are just jetted so much differently (kinda like the old 250's) that i would want to ride it a bit before i bought it to make sure it was what you wanted. 

Hank

I was wondering what the 220s where like.   I had a KDX250 a couple years after I so foolishly sold my 200 and I really didn't like the 250 at all.  It's powerband was more like an MX bike than a trail bike.   I didn't keep it long.

LittleJacket

training starts today flex-we've voted you as our man!  you are already in good physical shape so it should be easy.  Now we just need to get that XR ready!  Anyone available to design a jersey???
rpjohnso

flexlarson

Im gonna do it on the XR. Gotta get the clutch done and carb dialed and anyone that knows suspension may kindly volunteer setup advice.

I have registration gonna send in on monday. :)   Im gonna start training a bit different the next few weeks.

Tips, Advice would be accepted.

I gotta get the following for the XR.

Hand guards, Bigger knarly foot pegs, weld a small crack in frame, dial in carb, new clutch, New riding boots and a Jersey to represent DDR.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.

loingrader

that is good news flex!  you need to find a heavy construction site somewhere to practice (preferably not covered with a foot of snow)

Hank

Brian, you will officially be THE MAN if you do this.  I'm tempted to drive to Rapid to watch this spectacle.   When/where?

flexlarson

Its January 23rd 2009 .
I started doing high reps tonight and a ton of situps. Ordering a clutch right now.