News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Indoor enduro in Rapid

Started by loingrader, December 17, 2008, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Yeti, there is a KTM shop in Gillette that opended last summer called Destination X. It is on hwy 59 across from Walmart and I think KTM is their main brand. Not that you want to ride 140 miles for repair work but it is a nice shop but I can't speak about their knowledge.

I sent Rice an email the other day letting them know they are gettting complaints about their service and posted a link to this page. Everyone makes mistakes but not checking over your work could cause a serious accident and even death. I have bought stuff at both Rice and BH Power Sports and have to say that I like BHPS better. The fact they are willing to match prices with mail order and the fact they donated door prizes to our fall ralley tells me they want the business and want people out riding.

loingrader

i can't imagine how hard it must have been to run that course on a yz125.  zero torque and not much horsepower till you get up to about 35mph.  for wide open motocross, those little yz's are pretty fun, but for the course you ran, it must have been really tough.  nice effort brian.  i'm all for finding some tougher stuff in the hills this summer.  could even bring my kdx200 out if we found some really crazy stuff.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quotei'm all for finding some tougher stuff in the hills this summer.

Looks like we may have to split into two groups this summer. I have absolutley no problem with that, it's just that the small bikes can go places the big ADVs can't.

QuoteI sent Rice an email the other day letting them know they are gettting complaints about their service....

Great!! Now when I take my bike in, they'll know who I am and sobatage me!! J/K, I hope they see this and it causes them to be more vigilant in the future.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

All the video I have of Brian's two laps! He takes a HUGE spill towards the end on the rock pile. I think he was airborne for about 10 feet!!   :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKk1lUn4njc

He did a great job, considering he'd NEVER rode that bike before, NEVER rode a two-stroke, and had ill-fitting gear!  I expect to see some crazy shit next year!!  8)

Oh yeah, he's #511.

Hank

OH MAN! Nice wreck.  Good effort Brian... I agree a 2 stroke 125 had to make that extra difficult.

Looks like a really cool event.

Nice The Cult soundtrack Alan - love it - good job on the video.

fringefan

Got a great call today from Wade at Rice Honda. We talked about the service issues and that they had some key people out but in the end even though mistakes happen they could have been prevented.

We talked at lenght about what they do to get people riding and how they help support poker runs, groups, events, and just supporting people out there riding. I was not expecting a call so it went along way in my mind that he took the time to call me, read the site, and said he would call Brian.

Allan I am sorry to say he does remember you and the balloon wash you talked about and in their defense he said your bike looked like it fell over in a mud puddle and that the axle issue was because the training wheels you where looking at could not be put on with them on.

;D sorry could not help myself.

flexlarson

Hi All guy from Rice called was very sorry and offred to buy me the carb that I was gonna get from Ebay. He was very nice and also talked about sponsoring events. He told me the same things he told chad. I think hes seriouse about revamping the service dept.

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

loingrader

chad, that is truly priceless.   ;D

it sucks when dealerships (or any other business) have sub-par service, but it is definatly positive that they are talking with their customers and trying to figure things out.  good for them for stepping up and giving you guys a call.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quotethe training wheels you where looking at could not be put on with them on

Very funny!   :P

That's great to hear that Wade contacted BOTH of you! I'm pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I plan on taking my bike in very soon for a major service, and hope that he's got all the kinks worked out of the service department by then. This will be their chance to redeem themselves (are you listening, Wade?)!  ;D

fringefan

Not sure if you know any of the guys down there but I am picky about who works my bikes. If you have or know a good mechanic, stick with them and only them. It usually strokes their ego and when a shop has that guy,  they will usually sell more and service more. When you find that guy make sure you pass it on.

LittleJacket

great effort Brian!-great video Alan!  I wish I could have been there.  As for service, I have yet to find a motorcycle mechanic at a dealership that has a clue what's going on or even gives a damn about what is going on.  Motoplex in Sioux Falls is terrible, and when I mention a KLR or dualsport they look at me with utter confusion.  I can understand on this side of the state, but the Black Hills area should be better.  Carb problems should be cut and dry for any descent mechanic-even though the technology with younger guys and a carb would be like asking me how to run a record player.   Please let us know where a good mechanic lives!  Glad to hear they're working on it in Rapid-it's a start.
rpjohnso

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on January 29, 2009, 09:06:07 PM
Not sure if you know any of the guys down there but I am picky about who works my bikes. If you have or know a good mechanic, stick with them and only them. It usually strokes their ego and when a shop has that guy,  they will usually sell more and service more. When you find that guy make sure you pass it on.

Al is the only guy I trust down at Rice. He's been there forever, and while the young guys come and go, he seems to be the only constant. Every time I'm there, I request that Al be the one to work on my bike, not sure that's always the case though....

loingrader

Quote from: LittleJacket on January 29, 2009, 10:47:14 PM
Motoplex in Sioux Falls is terrible, and when I mention a KLR or dualsport they look at me with utter confusion. 

kurt at the service desk is a top notch guy but he doesn't work on the bikes.  their best mechanic is bailey and he is good.  when i had my fjr i got their prepaid service plan where i pay a flat fee and can get my bike serviced as much as it needed.  i had that bike in there all the time cause i was putting a lot of miles on it.  i'm sure bailey doesn't see many klr's but if he can work on a fjr, he can figure out a klr.  for that matter, buy a service manual and do it yourself.  it's not rocket science.  i haven't had a "mechanic" look at one of my motorcycles since the fjr.  probably never will again.

The Yeti

Yeah, if I had a garage at home I'd probably be more inclined to learn how to sevice my own bike...not to mention, I'm kinda lazy!!  8)

Hank

Yup having a good space makes all the difference.   I used to sit in an unheated garage and attempt to work on stuff in the winter.. and that just sucks.  No fun at all.   It was just over a year ago I finally got my little shop finished, and it was probably the best thing I've done for myself in 10 years.. well other than buy some bikes :)      Having it equipped with an arcade game and mini-fridge help too LOL.