News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Nemo g ranch

Started by YOURDRUNKDAD, May 03, 2014, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YOURDRUNKDAD

I'm camping at Nemo if anyone wants to stop by or go for a tide..
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

greatbuffalo

Would that the high one, or the low one?   ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

YOURDRUNKDAD

I was not aware there is more than one..   

Trails were a little muddy, but I still had a great time with the wife and kids. 

More later..
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

Fletch

Don't like to be a dick, but that first pic is exactly why we have a trail system now instead of the free range we used to have. It is also the reason we lose access to more land every year. If you want to destroy land please do it on private property so the rest of us can continue to enjoy public land.
.... Just sayin ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

YOURDRUNKDAD

Not sure how following a road is destroying any land. Or how a little 50 is doing it either.  Kinda a dumb ass post if you ask me.  Just wow. For the record, I don't mind being a dick. Especially with asinine comments. And more for the record. My son slipped down into the obviously already existing rut, were we promptly lifted the bike out.

greatbuffalo

Sarg, first off that comment I made was in response to your misspelling ride as TIDE, thus the high or low reference.

Second, I'm not sure that that Fletch's comment was necessarily directed at you as much as a comment on the condition of the trail after so many folks go out in muddy conditions. If you look through the fine print in the trail use policies, it is mentioned more than once that riding or driving through wallows is frowned upon. The problem comes with weakening of the tree roots as well as creating ruts so deep that it becomes difficult for a lot of vehicles to use the trail in the future. Erosion is also a problem that concerns foresters. Aside from all that, those who dislikes our right to use motor vehicles on the trails can use this as ammunition to support there concern that we're destroying the the beauty of the forest.

I don't think you and your family riding out there amounted to any damage but the ATVs and 4X4 s certainly didn't do it any good.

Glad you guys had a good time and hope that things dry out before I can get a chance to gt out there and do some myself.

By the way, I do dig that double headlight system you have. Did you fab that up or is there a mount available?

Fletch

Quote from: sgtld3 on May 06, 2014, 11:55:53 PM
Not sure how following a road is destroying any land. Or how a little 50 is doing it either.  Kinda a dumb ass post if you ask me.  Just wow. For the record, I don't mind being a dick. Especially with asinine comments. And more for the record. My son slipped down into the obviously already existing rut, were we promptly lifted the bike out.

not aimed at you directly but a general statement. those are the exact type of photos the FS guy slid across the desk when he asked "what do you think gives you and your buddies the right to destroy public land?" That is a hard question to answer in anything resembling an intelligent response. there are a lot of people trying to shut down our ability to ride off road on public land. I am just saying we all need to think about the results of our actions.
A lot of people have put a huge amount of time and effort into keeping trails open, and a lot have been closed due to "damage". If we want to continue to do what we do we need to be careful and not give the other side any more ammunition. that is all. If you feel this is "asinine", perhaps you need to do a little research into public land access and see for yourself what the "reality" is.
I have been riding in the hills since the 80's and all my favorite trails have been closed due to "damage". I was also involved in the early stages of the trail plan (which closed more of my favorite rides). I sat in on meetings with the forest service as well as private meetings with them and a few of my riding buddies. I do have somewhat of an idea how the whole thing works, so I'm a bit sensitive about it. if you would care to discuss it I would be happy to meet you for a beer some night or go for a ride and actually point out some of the closed trails I mentioned.

p.s.  glad you and the family had a good time, hopefully when your kids have kids of their own they will be able to do the same.

YOURDRUNKDAD

Quote from: Fletch on May 06, 2014, 10:26:25 PM
If you want to destroy land please do it on private property so the rest of us can continue to enjoy public land.
.... Just sayin ;)

That actually directed it right at me and is why I took offence.     

I for one am with you guys on the subject 100%.  When I was stationed here many moons ago I was part of the black hills 4wheelers and remember the pain in the ass it was to go anywhere because of closed trails.  This weekend was actually the first time I have ridden in the hills so I cannot only attest to all of the "road closed" signes I seen. Most of them looked like they were closing some rockin trails. 

I will apologize though. My reaction was fueled by being in a bad mood and being extremely tired.   

The headlights are from a Buell Ulysses,  I had to fab a couple little brackets for it to work.  If you would like I can post up some closer pictures..

Fletch

my apologies as well, we will have to go riding sometime.

YOURDRUNKDAD

Next Thursday good for you? 

Fletch

I will be out of town, Tuesday or Wednesday would work.

YOURDRUNKDAD

I'm always ready to ride.

greatbuffalo

I'll have to check your headlights out at the rally. I got too many other projects to complete before i worry about my lights.

YOURDRUNKDAD

Sounds good.  I am thinking about switching them out for some Triumph street triple light's.  If I do the Buell ones will be for sale. 

greatbuffalo

Hmmm.....

I'll have to take a good look at them then.