News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Missed out on deals!

Started by tannerc, March 09, 2016, 11:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Don't get me started on that thread.  I happened to see it in the early morning and pm'd and told him I'd take both trials bikes.  Not one answer the rest of the day.  Then suddenly he sold them all to the "first guy that came along."  BS.  I also checked to see if the bikes were on the local craigslist, they weren't.  Early the next morning he said they're all sold.  What you don't see is there were two more posts that have been deleted and now the thread is locked so no one can bitch at the seller.  The final post, the one you don't see and the only reason I saw it was it was sent to me via email and I read it right away, said something like; "I love these kind of threads.  All of us are FF tripping over each other trying to be first in line.  Normally I would say here's a free bump and GLWS, but instead it should read, GLWB (beer)."  Not exactly sure what that meant, but he wasn't happy either.  After that the post was deleted and thread was locked.

That was my second buying experience on ADV and the first one wasn't much better.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

These guys usually take the first PM that comes in. I have been the guy that responded to an FMpost in minutes and the seller beraided that he was doing dirty dealing. This happened just 2 weeks ago where I reponded to a post not 30 seconds after it posted. I did not make a post in the thread. Within minutes there 6 minutes there were 6 posts that they would take it. There were several guys pissed off that thought they were first. Ihave learned that on a FM that has as many 14,000 people or more on at any given time anything can happen and not to get too bent out of shape. You win some you lose some. The one I just landed within seconds was 2 brand new Gopro`s a 3 and a 3+ for 200 bucks. Those bargains don`t last long.  May not have been handled right but in that situation, I just move on. I`ve gotten way too many great deals to get bent up over one poor seller. I aslo landed a set of Denali 2 lights with all the wiring set up for 80 bucks. I few folks bent up over that deal too as I didn`t post in the thread. I see that as a waist of time. Its all about seconds.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?