News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

a mystery

Started by Fletch, August 14, 2020, 11:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

so I hauled a certain something from a certain somewhere to Rapid for a certain someone yesterday. The first one with the right guess will receive a special prize at the fall rally..

A certain guy is exempt from this offer.... ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wizard

Does this make you a Unicorn Wrangler? ;D

KLC63

It had to be a bike?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Fletch

TooTall

I give up but I  bet its black and blue after you get thru with it.

greatbuffalo

I will refrain from answering as I had inside knowledge and may have expedited the transfer of this unicorn.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

gerry1eye

It takes a real KTM lover to go to Ten Sleep and load up the orange kool aid. A DRZ-400 would never leave its owner on the side of the road. Bet Brad wishes he still had one.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Abercrombie

Hmmm?  I'm guessing someone traded a dead 690 for a 700 Tenere which reportedly has one of the most reliable MC engines made.   ;D

sandhillrider

For something that's so hard to catch our little group is acquiring quite a herd of unicorns.

Lonesome Dave

I think I got it.  And I had no previous knowledge.  But after reading the comments I got it!

I'm going with this.  Last Sunday, Fletch was in Minneapolis with his daughter,  Wacked was in the Big Horns with a very broken KTM 640, and Buffalo was also in the Big Horns riding and wrecking his new 700 Tenere.  However, the T700 lasted longer than the owner who screwed up his ankle.  So naturally, Wacked rides the T700 while Buff lays around and complains about his foot.  Wacked was just cashing a fat check because he rented his house out to Harley riders for the week.  It all makes sense.

Certain something; T700  color; Black and Blue  (Too Tall hint)
From; Mitchell power sports shop to Wacked in Rapid City.

Congrats Brad..........and I win!   

Now I have a riddle;

Yesterday I'm riding back from Nemo after having a refreshment.  I cross Bogus Jim road and am now on Norris Peak road.  I see a very fast KTM with funny headlights coming towards me, looks like a 1290.  I know who it is, only one person rides like that.  I wave, and wave, and wave.  He doesn't slow down.  I brake and turn around to catch him.  I actually never did see him again, but I did see a string of dust on Bogus Jim road.  At the speed he was going, I'm sure he made 3 Harley riders mad that he caught up with on Bogus Jim road and passed.

Who was it?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

TooTall

Our T7 delivery boy!

Wacked

No use in belaboring the inevitable .......    is there?

Thanks to Dan, I got a 400mile test ride and insider knowledge of a hidden T7 in the back corner of some M/C shop.

Thanks to Mike, who by chance was driving thru Mitchell mid-week.  I really was not looking forward to a beating myself across the East river Plains for another 9hrs.

I'm having fun with it - just today, in a matter of 10 minutes, I got an ass chewing from a concerned citizen for "Hooning" and I got the double bird from an oncoming driver  :evil

Must be doing something right!

Fletch

I'll bring Dave's special prize to the rally I know he will enjoy it.  I'd like to know who that was on bogus Jim ????  Couldn't have been me, I never exceed the speed limit.   ;)

sandhillrider

"Hooning" This old rancher had to look that one up. Have been called a lot of things (Mostly not for print)in 50 years of riding but not that.

greatbuffalo

Glad I could help.

And just to clarify, I did not sit around complaining. I hatched a plan that would work for all. I drove too-tall's truck back to the Hills with the dead KTM and recuperated there till Brad returned with my bike. I'm not a complainer. I'm a whine a bit

I'm just glad it all worked out for everybody in the end and Brad has a new bike that's not colored Orange.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?