Cycles South... ever hear of this documentary?

Started by numb41, August 29, 2011, 11:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numb41

OK, so it's 9 or 10 ish and i come into the house after unloading my mower.  My wife Tammy says,  "look what i found on tv, you might want to see it."  It was on the family channel.  Listed as a documentary of 'three men travel from Denver to Panama on motorcycles. Included:skiing in Taos,MN;amatuer bullfighting in Juarez. Mexico.  Don Marshall, Director.'  I have never heard of it and saw the last 1/4
of the film.   RATS!  Looked kinda hokey, but still cool.  They were on like 125 yamahas.  Anybody??

Lee Bruns

Minnesota MOtorcycle MOnthly did a review of it. Check their archives for a full review.

Lonesome Dave

I found it last spring on Netflix.  It is hokey, the threesome started with 300 bucks each and all had different bikes when they started. There's dual sport riding in CO, and riding on old railroad tracks.  Numerous wrecks, hippie commune, riding naked,  It was fun to watch and made want to be there!
I'll give it a thumbs up!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

I saw it on cable last month. Definitely hokey, I think some of the wrecks were staged. But still worth watching.

Not sure about the riding nude though, maybe you had to grow up in the 60's to want to do that sort of thing.  :D