News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

71 FJ55 Landcruiser

Started by jacin theis, July 07, 2012, 01:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Hawk

jacin i have been doing part time ( go south for 6 mo in the winter ) for the last 10  years.
If you want to save money on rv parks look for trailer parks that will let you rent by the month.
They are usually cheaper than rv parks.
Black Hawk SD in the summer
Yuma AZ in the winter

KLE650 for the Black Hills

jacin theis

Black Hawk, that's what we hope to do in Minnesota near relatives.  Any other tips? I would love practical advice. W have started surfing some forums, like riding, there is a lot of info out there.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Black Hawk

Try this forum and look under fulltimer  http://www.rv.net/forum/
Also this one    http://www.escapees.com/forum/
Search both under traveling nurse.
Black Hawk SD in the summer
Yuma AZ in the winter

KLE650 for the Black Hills

plumber mike

I went on a soul searching journey this summer.The adventure of a lifetime and I didn't bring my motorcycle :-X Life is too short to just chase the almighty dollar and then die. We decided we still want to have a home base place to always come back to, so selling the property is out. I've been tossing around the idea of putting in a few RV hookups to help get it paid for quicker.
The RV sites I've been reading say to go with the smallest RV you can live out of, but a few kids quickly increases the size of the MH. I have also heard class C's are safer if you plan on doing alot of freeway miles. I would wan't something good on fuel too. Gerry's View would be perfect I think, but MB dealers are few and far between. Tough call. Pray about it.

.....and I forgot to look at the landcruiser (DOH!)

JoniJo

I think I share the "Road less Travelled" idea with you. I'll pray for you and your family........... Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

greatbuffalo

Sounds like we're all going through midlife crises.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

We are taking the planning slow and deliberatly. We have already sold the old motorhome, and have relplaced it with a larger one with room for the fam. The goal isnt to knock down miles, but to travel to locations, setup, and learn about the area. We have family we want to stay near and get to know better, and of course its fun to meet new folks. With that being said, i dont want to look back and wish i spent more time with my kids. Living cheap and being broke can be character builders, being spoiled and coddled hasn't ever made a person who is independant that i know of.  I know my daughter had a realization of how great it feels to hlep others when we went to Tijuanan this spring on a missions trip. i would like to keep that momentum.
1100 GS

The Yeti

Quote from: jacin theis on August 06, 2012, 07:48:11 AM
We have already sold the old motorhome, and have relplaced it with a larger one...

Holy cow! Larger than what you had?? That thing was already huge...what did you get?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Fletch

Quote from: jacin theis on August 06, 2012, 07:48:11 AM
We are taking the planning slow and deliberatly. We have already sold the old motorhome, and have relplaced it with a larger one with room for the fam. The goal isnt to knock down miles, but to travel to locations, setup, and learn about the area. We have family we want to stay near and get to know better, and of course its fun to meet new folks. With that being said, i dont want to look back and wish i spent more time with my kids. Living cheap and being broke can be character builders, being spoiled and coddled hasn't ever made a person who is independant that i know of.  I know my daughter had a realization of how great it feels to hlep others when we went to Tijuanan this spring on a missions trip. i would like to keep that momentum.

I think it is a great idea, I'm sure your kids will end up being better adults because of it!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Yeti, i picked up a 2001 Winnebago Chieftan 36 foot with 2 slides. It is really a nice camper. Can't believe we moved up that much. I made money on the old one, and bought tis one for a great price. I love Craigslist. Maybe i will drive it to the fall rally jsut to get some time in it.
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

Jacin, how much you renting the rooms out for?  ;D
Older - Wiser - Faster !

jacin theis

Yikes! i put my notice in, so in 2 week's i will be unemployed. Scary stuff. 1/4 of my life has been at this job, and i love it here, but somethings gotta give, and its going to be work before my wife gives me the boot for my attitude.   So, if any of you know of any opportunites out there, kick them my way.... i have some ideas, but am really feeling like a new place is in order, short term, long term, only the Lord knows. Here i thought i would retire out of this place, but its not to be.    Maybe i should have ridden more this year, it seems to make me a bit more settled. And dirty.
1100 GS

plumber mike

I've been unemployed since 2008 8) Best move ever. God knows you need food and clothing.Our needs are always met ( and are wants just keep growing) If I can help in any way, just call ;)

jacin theis

Thanks Mike of rthe encouragement. we have prayed a lot about it, and really it is a realief to know i am not going ot keep going home at might stressed out. That said, I wont be doing a lot of riding anytime soon.... unless.....Who knows. Life is full of changes. Still hope to see you out on the bike this fall!
1100 GS