News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

'09 G650X-Country for Sale

Started by drdon, August 27, 2012, 03:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdon

I haven't had this bike very long, put few miles on it, just not the right fit for me.  Looking to buy a different bike so thought someone might be interested.

2009 Bmw G 650 X Country, ABS, 3000mi. Like new, Parabellum windshield, Kako Throttle lock, Fender Extender, Hepko Becker tail rack, center stand, BMW engine guards, Tail Tidy. Priced with all extras, will sell Stock for less,  Call Don, 605-381-9600. $6,395.00
Asking Price: $6,395      ( can see pictures on Cycle Trader )
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R

jacin theis

i wish. those are awesome bikes. Snooker and PlumberMike can do amazing thigns with them. Hope it sells quickly for you.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

plumber mike

I'd be interested in the windscreen if it sell stock. Best of luck to you. What's next? An upgrade? to what?

drdon

Bought an '11 1200GS recently,  since I sold my '06 GS.
Have a 2 KLR's (old models) and a DRZ.  Will most likely get the NC700X, as a basic transportation bike.  And or sell a KLR and get the new model.
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R

greatbuffalo

Not sure how I feel about the NC700X. Looked at one and just kinda got the sense that they took the old NC700 that sold horribly and just changed the looked to make it look more beefy to sell the components they already produced. Being a Honda I'm sure its a decent machine and the price is far lower than the original NC700. I just don't think its a well thought out machine for the market they are trying to sell it to.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

getting a little off topic but...     ;D

Quote from: greatbuffalo on August 30, 2012, 11:01:43 AM
Not sure how I feel about the NC700X. Looked at one and just kinda got the sense that they took the old NC700 that sold horribly and just changed the looked

I love both the NC and the NT700. 

NT is a middle weight sport tourer, ABS, shaft drive with factory hard bags.  No one makes a bike like this for the US market because our riders aren't near as practical as those in Europe.

NC is a very affordable bike that breaks a bunch of rules and looks cool to boot.

I'd love either or both in my garage!  But to each their own, and I like hondas.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

plumber mike

The NT was like the modern Silverwing....so it's no wonder you would like it. I like it too. I think the built in bags were totally cool. Outdoor Motorsports had a maroon one for a while. I was hoping for silver and have never had any luck dealing with the spearfish dealer. Looks like I'll wind up getting one when it's the age your silverwing is now ;D

As for the Xco for sale, I think it's an awesome do-all bike.Perfect for the hills. I would likely go for a big GS or the like if looong distance was my primary type of riding, but for bouncing around the hills my vote goes to the Xco. I wish Hellneau didn't let me ride his 1200GS. I've wanted one badly since. I guess it's a good thing I'm broke!

greatbuffalo

CycleWorld just released that the NC700x is the best of the standards this year.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/08/28/best-standard-honda-nc700x/

drdon

Buffalo, not sure what you mean by the old NC700.  Did you mean the NT?  Totally different engines!
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R

greatbuffalo

Ya, I did mean the NT. Didn't know it was a different engine.

loingrader

Quote from: plumber mike on August 30, 2012, 12:38:53 PM
The NT was like the modern Silverwing....so it's no wonder you would like it.

you my friend hit the nail on the head! ;)
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Kind of a cross between the Silverwing and the Pacific Coast

loingrader

Quote from: greatbuffalo on August 31, 2012, 02:44:42 PM
Pacific Coast

i shamefully like the pc800's too.  need to wear out my wing first and it will probably be going long after i'm gone.

greatbuffalo

I put 450 miles on a PC in 2 days and enjoyed the heck out of it. No shame there.

drdon

Had a PC, great bike!  Little heavy, hard to get the wind quiet or taller windshield without back pressure.  Otherwise, great bike, I have  embarrassed sport bikes in the twisties with it. 
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R