News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

06 KLR650 FS / FT

Started by Hank, November 21, 2009, 10:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I do have a trade pending on this, but I'll throw it up here any way.  Copied from my ADV post:

I have an '06 KLR with 6400 miles for sale or trade.  Location is Eastern SD.

Cash price = $2750.   Book is close to $3500.

But, since the bike market is so thoroughly saturated, I think a trade might be a good way to go.

A few potential trades that come to mind:
Wee-strom
KDX200
A cool older sport bike (old school VFR, VFXXX, Gixxer)

Whatcha got?

I'd like to keep the values similar (going by book value)  but I'd probably boot up a little for something cool, and would likewise trade down with some cash.

I'd be willing to drive ~4-500 miles one way to make the right trade, but would expect to meet near the middle.

The bike is basically stock, with the exception being a SS Big Gun exhaust ($500 or so retail). Rear tire looks good, front is maybe 50%.  Chain and sprockets good.   I don't know if the doo has been done.
Edit:  I did the doo in December

Minor fading on the plastic (it looks good considering its KLR plastic).  Front brake lever is tweaked and it has a couple really minor scuffs.

Runs like a champ.

Selling because I have ADD when it comes to bikes.

plumber mike

Trade pending?  Whatcha gunna get...maybe?

Hank

I have an interesting offer for an '86 VF500F and a wad of cash.   I always loved those little interceptors, so it'd be fun to have one for a bit.   Doubt I'd keep it long term, but you never know.   All this trading is a long process, but it's working well for getting all my money back out of my katoom :)

Hank

The VF500 deal fell apart, so the first $2500 cash takes it home!   Note this is a winter special price (Have I got a deal FOR YOU!) I would HOPE I could sell it for more than that come April/May.

loingrader

that's a damn good deal on an 06.  don't you have any friends or family that need a klr of their own to ride out to the hills with you? 

i'm so sentimental about klr's that i just hate to see one leave the ddsr family.  they are just the perfect bike for the kind of riding we do in the hills (in my humble biased opinion).

good luck with the sale hank.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

LittleJacket

Hank-you are really screwing up the KLR market by selling that bike sooooo cheap!  I'll keep my eyes open for a buyer.  That is one heck of a deal for a mint condition '06.  I wish I needed one!
rpjohnso

Hank

Yeah it is cheap, but thats about what the market is bringing right now.   Definitely a buyer's market.
I think come spring, and hopefully an improving economy, and prices will come up a bit.

I won't sell it any cheaper, that's for sure.   If it doesn't go for that, I'll just keep it.

Hank

Oh yeah, and I did the doo on it a few weeks back too.

fringefan

Forwarded this to a friend who has been talking about buying one and for this price he it would be tuff to pass it up.

Hank

SOLD!!  to our very own Dr Psyko

plumber mike

That's good. That darn thing has been in the back of my mind since I saw it on ADVrider. Smokin deal for the good Doctor.

loingrader

Quote from: plumber mike on February 01, 2010, 08:49:00 PM
That darn thing has been in the back of my mind

don't fight it mike.  klr lust is a powerful thing.  just give in now and start enjoying the ride on the ugly chick!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dr Psyko

My thanks to Hank, the bike was exactly as described!

I had an interesting drive home last night though. In the snow, wind, and dark, I damn near missed a drive-around on hwy 7 west of the cities. I tried to slow from 55 as I saw it but it was all snow, and I hit the corner at about 30. I careened around it in full drift mode and I made the first turn, but not the second. As I bumped up over the curb and into the shoulder, in the rearview mirror I saw the bike and trailer jump up about a foot in the air. I kept it moving and was able to drive out of the snow back to the road. Thank God no one was around me! I pulled over after I got my heart out of my throat to check the bike and it was fine. Just had to readjust the tie-downs that were now all loose.

Maybe a good omen!

Nice to meet you Hank, and thanks again!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

Wow... glad you didn't hurt yourself, your rig, or the KLR!  I bet that was a high pulse rate experience.

It was nice to meet you too.  Hope to see you and the KLR again at the next gathering (or any time for that matter).

fringefan

Congrats on the new ride and glad to hear you and the bike made it out okay. That is what I love about the older KLR's, you can lay them down and they still look almost the same in most cases. Mine has never been in the dirt or stood up next to a tree  ;)