News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

yz 426

Started by jacin theis, October 13, 2011, 03:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

I work with a guy that has a 2000 ( he thinks) yz 426 that needs a piston and jug. Gage at MX connection told him the head is good. The plastics are good, newer tires etc.  Parts bike or fixable for some of you. No title. He wants $400. He lives in Lead. Dustin @ 406-499-0289  thanks, Jacin
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

Oooh.. I'll pass this along to my bro in law.  They would be a great and easy fix it project.

Sportfaller

hmmmmmm moab bike for sportfaller?
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

numb41

has this little jewel been picked up yet?

jacin theis

not yet. just called him and reminded him to get me a photo to post. i'll put it up as soon as he gets it too me. i am thinking this would be nice next to my wr250. hhhmmmm
1100 GS

Bogus Jim

Parts at Service Honda are around $500-550. The 2000 YZ426's on Craigs seem to be $1300-1500 so even if you paid someone for the labor you'd probably still come out ahead.

Is this bike first come first serve, or is there going to be a DDSR bidding war?  :D

jacin theis

1100 GS

jacin theis

1100 GS

Hank

Well I'd buy it if I could get it home, or even as far as Pierre.  Anyone going east river anytime soon?

torgo

I wish I could get it home.  I'm flying into Rapid and riding my KLR home to Iowa on the 19th.  Anyone got a trailer for a KLR???   ???

:evil
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Sportfaller

Hank, I'll be near Pierre hunting birds off and on this fall, I could probably get it there....
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Hank

Could you or someone else store it until then?    I wouldn't want to inconvenience anyone at all, but if someone is willing and its easy for them, I'd buy the bike.

jacin theis

i could make room for it. It would be easy to have him bring it in to work and then i will get it to Josh or he can pick it up at my place.
1100 GS

Hank

Well if you guys are cool with doing that (storage and a trip to Pierre), tell your buddy its sold.    Once you guys confirm that will work I'll call him and get him the funds.

I'll pay for some of the gas to haul it to Pierre too.

Thanks guys.

Sportfaller

hank, do you live in pierre? or where are you at? I'm sure we can run relay and get it to you.
Josh