News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2002 Suzuki DRZ 400S

Started by vdo, March 11, 2012, 07:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdo

This machine is in great condition with only 3100 miles. Features include new tires, new rear sprocket, rack, tool bag, Devol Radiator Guards original tank and Safari Extra Large Gas tank. This is an excellent dual Sport bike for riding the trails or commuting to work. Weather is great, time to ride. Located in Tripp S Dak (Near Mitchell)

$2800
It's all fun and games until someone gets their scrotum caught on a nail!

Sportfaller

sent the info to my old man, he is looking for a smaller bike for the hills (smaller than his 1200GS)  what's the seat height like on it?
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

vdo

Seat height looks like 35". I am 6' No problems.

greatbuffalo

VDO, you in Tripp? I'd like to come down and look at that bike. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Went down a took this bike for ride. Very nice bike and a super nice guy. Someone will do good on this deal. Appears to be well taken care of by an engineer owner. It has been short geared in the rear making top speed fairly low. Geared well for the trail. Huge tank on the front. Original would come with the bike.

I'm still considering it but only 50/50 on my decision. I still think I'm looking for for a smaller version of the bike I have; DR650,  KLR 650 or even a WR450R. I really like the idea of extra speed. I be completely honest though, I would have to have a whole garage full of bikes to have everything I want.

Osnabrock

Is that the 4.5 gallon Safari tank or the 7.4 gallon Safari tank?
I've already got a DRZ so I'm not in the running for another one, just curious.............
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Hank

Quote from: greatbuffalo on March 13, 2012, 03:33:27 PM
Went down a took this bike for ride. Very nice bike and a super nice guy. Someone will do good on this deal. Appears to be well taken care of by an engineer owner. It has been short geared in the rear making top speed fairly low. Geared well for the trail. Huge tank on the front. Original would come with the bike.

I'm still considering it but only 50/50 on my decision. I still think I'm looking for for a smaller version of the bike I have; DR650,  KLR 650 or even a WR450R. I really like the idea of extra speed. I be completely honest though, I would have to have a whole garage full of bikes to have everything I want.

My DRZ would outrun my KLR650 on the road.  The KLR was a bit cushier on the road, but it didn't have more power or speed.  I think the KLR might have an extra hp or two but its also 130lbs (I think) heavier.

greatbuffalo

I was saying road speed only because of the way this is geared. I think it has pretty equal power. What I'm saying is that I think I may be looking for lighter weight version of what I've already got.....maybe.........or not. Way too many great bikes out there, and this is a great bike. I think if I was to pull the trigger, I would go back to the original cog size in the rear.

vdo

Dan,

It was great meeting you and your wife today. Thanks for the kind words on the bike and yours truely. I am sure you will have a tough time sleeping tonight wondering why the blue beast is not in your garage. You will have to get that Tiger out some day and meet up to see if the Wee Strom can keep up with it.

Osnabrock: The tank is the 17 litre

8)

greatbuffalo

I'd enjoy riding with you any time Vic.
Its near midnight and its still on my mind :o  My wife and I kicked it around a bit. Not sure if I'm trying to talk myself out of it, or into it.  This is one of those deals where it would be easier if someone snatched this up soon, then I could I could look at my wife and say....."There's my answer."

plumber mike

Nobody has bought it. There is your answer ;D Just because you get a bike that has more off-road potential than us doesn't mean you can't use it like the tiger. But in the same breath, I have seen you use a Tiger like a DRZ. Tough call. Best wishes to the buyer and seller regardless.
I just brought home an 81 cb750k today, and I have a limit of how many times my trailer can come home loaded, so I am out. I will say that the DRZ was the bike I was going to buy when I got the X, and I still sometimes wonder if I made the wrong decision. Damn .9% financing made the X $11 more per month and it came home with me. Now that it's paid for, I sometimes think of trading for a DRZ/WR type bike, and sometimes think of a 1200GSA/990ADV. It has fallen so beautifully between the two that I couldn't imagine getting rid of it....unless I really like the new Honda NC700 line.

....but I'm broken with an uncureable addiction. Meth might be cheaper, but not the same high.LOL

vdo

Bike is sold pend payment!

Thanks for all that took interest!!!!!

greatbuffalo

Glad to hear it Vic. thats a great machine, just don't think its the one I'm looking for right now.

Someone local?

vdo

Lesson Learned: Never announce sale until the $$$$ is in your hand, or the fat lady sings. Seems Little Johnny was counting on some of  Mom & Dad's cash. Well long story short, Little Johnny had some issues from one of them allowing him to ride a mean evil motorcycle. Betting it was the mom. Mine never understood me either.

Took it for a ride today and I figure I had better not do that again. My right hand didn't want to let it go.

Old blue is still looking for a Good Home

Cheers!