News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

WR250F 2006 plated

Started by jacin theis, March 25, 2012, 05:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

I am selling my 2006 Yamaha WR250F. It is licensed for the road already.  I have added a heavy gauge MSR skid plate, MSR radiator guards, and a cheapo but affective seat pad  for all day riding. Has Accerbis barkbusters (one is cracked). Tires chains and sprockets are good. Electric and kick start. Digital speedo and odometer, set up for laps i think. This is a super fun woods bike, with great suspension. I will be removing my GPS mount when it sells.  Jacin 605-545-1658
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

plumber mike

I saw that on the CL but thought it wasn't you because it was spelled "jason"

GLWS

Sportfaller

Are you upgrading?

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

PM.  I dumb it down for people because u get all sort of pronunciations.  SF. You cant upgrade from the WRR, its AWESOME!

Just trying to sort out vehicles and needs. I want to get my wife back on a bike big enough to travel on, so.... besides, with the investment in Hyperpros, the GS will do everything the WR will.

Right?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Wow, another "wish I could"

Am I missing a price or what?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Duh, i hate when people do stuff like that.    Sorry.     

$3200

Also, why cant i modify my original post?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

A nice machine I wish I could own, but one at a time.

I noticed it won't let you edit after someone else posts to your thread. Doesn't make much sense to me.

The Yeti

Now, if this was just a 450f I just might be all over it.  :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

jacin theis

If anyone knows of someone looking for a good bike, i would like this gone. Might even have a little room to negotiate ::)    Did i mention i picked up a BMW 650 for my wife?  Maybe, just maybe, i can get her to come to the rally for an afternoon too. It would have to be very mild riding, but at least we are moving in the right direction.
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Good on you for buying your wife a bike. Good on her for riding. Wish my wife did.

plumber mike

Quote from: greatbuffalo on April 01, 2012, 02:24:33 AM
Good on you for buying your wife a bike. Good on her for riding. Wish my wife did.

X2....but I have seen a few mancations ruined by wives who now ride and want to go :D It works both ways.

jacin theis

i get the mancation thing, but i would rather spend the time without the kids but with my wife, instead of a bunch of dude who say they are going "hunting" and spend that time at the strip club. Just saying, i dig my wife, and cant remember her ever ruining anything for me.

I love that now there's another bike in the garage. gives me options if i need to tear into mine for mods.
1100 GS

plumber mike

I agree Jacin. A nice day with just the wife is a gift from God, especially doing something you love with someone you love. But sometimes I want to ride HARD and Fast and the skillset of the new riding wife does not allow for that....plus I'd hate to scare anyone away from our sport by riding above their comfort zone, so I just meant that their is a time and place for rides with the wives/kids etc, but also hardcore singletrack, triple digit blasts across the Rockies, and maybe prerun the Baja.

I would hate to waste my limited vacation time in some grungy strip joint when there is riding to be done.

I think we are a responsible enough bunch to find the balance between family rides and helicopter rides.

I know how happy I am when my wife enjoys herself on the back of my bike, so for her to have one of her own is very cool indeed.

Good luck with the bike sale. I'll get the word out up on the hill here. This early spring seems to have people scrambling to find bikes while their savings might not be ready due to tax time.

Hank

I agree completely.  I'm pretty excited that my wife has the 225 now and is coming with the June rally.  After 12 years, the kids are finally old enough to be somewhat self sufficient and we're really starting to have fun together again.

In the past she had an XR250L, then an NX250, and both really proved to be the wrong bike for her.

In the mid 90's we lived in Wisconsin near a riding area in the Chequamagon forest and I made the mistake of taking her out on a muddy day.  Her XR was kick only and had TERRIBLE street biased tires and it was also waaay too tall.  It was like me trying to ride that 950S through the mud.  It cured her of riding for a while.   The NX was better and E-start, but she was afraid of dropping it since it was 22 years old and mint.    Now the XT225 is perfect.  Short, light, and pre-beat up.  She says it feels like a bicycle and made the comment "Well that only took 15 years to find!"   I wish I'd have found one of those back in '95.. she'd be a pro by now!

OK.. now back to selling the WR250F!