News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2002 Suzuki DRZ400 S ( $2100 bucks)

Started by Lonesome Dave, April 07, 2012, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Psyko

Thanks guys! I'm looking to buy a less expensive, maybe mid 90's Ducati, a 919 if I can find, triumph speed triple, or something less serious and more fun. Jake has a R6 which scares the hell out of me, but something more sport oriented. I've had older BMW's and Ducati's before, fun.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

plumber mike

Hey Doc- How 'bout a 93 FZR600 with 18K? It would be a great bike for you to start your stunt riding career as all of the plastics are gone. Naked streetfighter Ducati eater :evil I flipped the clip on's so you don't have to make love to it every time you ride it....and it's about 1/8th the cost of that harley :P

Lonesome Dave

I'm with Yeti, I really like the looks of that Harley.

Mike...maybe see you this weekend at the show.  LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

QuoteThanks guys! I'm looking to buy a less expensive, maybe mid 90's Ducati, a 919 if I can find, triumph speed triple, or something less serious and more fun. Jake has a R6 which scares the hell out of me, but something more sport oriented. I've had older BMW's and Ducati's before, fun.

I have a 97 blackbird that's not only fast, but extremely comfortable!    :evil

Look, almost upright! 

Dr Psyko

That is cool Hank! Is that the one with the Hayabusa fork? I have a looker on the Harley tomorrow...

Hank

Yes, many, many mods, with the biggies being inverted Busa forks, Penske shock, Corbin gunfighter and lady seat, and the customer risers and tubular bar setup.   Also has Buell pegs.. its really comfortable for a ground bound missile.   Other mods..

Speedohealer
ZG touring windshield (stock included)
Wolo bad boy air horn
Dual HID lights
MagKnight magnetic tank bra
12V socket on the inner fairing panel
Brand new custom motion-pro throttle/choke cables to accomodate the higher bars
New stainless steel venhill brake and clutch hoses - in carbon look

For a little extra peformance, I've added:
Micron 4 into 1, stainless header, alloy silencer (stock exhaust included)
Factory Pro Jet Kit (stock jets included)
Factory Pro adjustable ignition advance
(it's quite fast and still can get 45 mpg)

and there is probably some crap I've forgotten.

JoniJo

Very cool!
I like the risers. Looks comfortable. Vroom, vroom!    JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Dr Psyko

Is there any chance at all of keeping that thing under 70 mph?

Hank

Quote from: Dr Psyko on April 18, 2012, 08:53:03 AM
Is there any chance at all of keeping that thing under 70 mph?

To be honest the thing is a total pussycat.   You can rumble along at 20mph in 6th, then just roll on the throttle and pull cleanly to whatever speed you want.  The way its set up its just flat comfortable at any speed.  It's not like riding a big gixxer or something where you are miserable unless you're going 100.

Yes, its incredibly easy to speed on, but its also easy to roll along at 60 all day long.   A throttle lock or throttlemeister might help in that regard because if you're not paying attention you can gain speed without really realizing it, but I never got a ticket on it as is, or ever thought it was too tough to keep the speed in check.

You're more than welcome to come take a test ride!  I'd even meet you somewhere in MN if you wanted.

Dr Psyko

I have another looker on Thursday, I'll let you know!