Finally Getting Around to Selling some Stuff!

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 03, 2012, 08:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Thought I would trying selling the following items before the upcoming Rally.  If someone's interested, I can bring them to Rally or I can ship if you like.  The following are a couple of pics of each item and brief description.  If you want anything, pm me or call 605-three ate one-7155.  Thanks, LD

Ricochet Skid Plate fits DRZ / KLX 400   $60

DRZ400 Seat, Specially made by "Wacked" last year.  Great seat, wish it would fit a WR  $100 I got a little more than that in it.  Or heh, make me an offer!

Handlebars; TAG XT-1  (1 1/8) model 9712-05.  These are filled with "Anti-Vibration Technology" to cut down on, you guessed it, vibration!  I liked them because they are the fat bars and have the brace in the middle.  They sell around 100 bucks or so, asking $60.  These appear to have the "Carmichael Bend"

2nd set of handlebars; Renthal (7/8") bars, model H 971.  These have a cross bar and are the "Carmichael Bend."  $40

DRZ400 / KLX Tool holder, or what I used it for was carrying extra fuel.  I will hold a 32oz fuel bottle.  Paid around $60 bucks with shipping including the plastic tool holder on Ebay.  It bolts on the left side with the helmet lock and blinker area.  Worked really good.  How's $40?

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

markwalker069

if you still have the seat, please text me at 703-587-3399. very interested.  thanks, mark
be safe and ride much.....

Lonesome Dave

I'm sorry Mark, my bad, I sold it last spring to "Sprout"  In fact, all items are sold.  I should have posted it.

Now on to the seat.  Get a hold of "Wacked"  that was one of the first "Wacked Seats" he made.  Wacked or "Brad" now lives in Rapid City.  He just moved here and my not quite have a place to work yet, but he will.  Highly recommended.  In fact, "Hank" is getting a couple made I think.  I talked to him Sat about opening a shop called "Wacked Moto-Sports," I'm not going to hold my breath on that one! LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

revmaaatin

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 03, 2012, 08:25:19 PM
Thought I would trying selling the following items before the upcoming Rally.  If someone's interested, I can bring them to Rally or I can ship if you like.  The following are a couple of pics of each item and brief description.  If you want anything, pm me or call 605-three ate one-7155.  Thanks, LD

Great things for sale Dave.
I could have used everyone of them as well.

Anyother DRZ400 items?
revmaaatin.
c.870.0012

Lonesome Dave

No sorry, don't have any DRZ stuff left.  I still have some handlebars, but I haven't decided if I'm going to sell them yet.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Dave, look around your shop and see if you still have the clips or what ever holds the the little "dashboard" on the KLR.

Thanks
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Having a snow day today, I'm going out to the garage pretty soon, and I'll look.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Dr Psyko

Dave,

I just enjoy looking around your garage! I think there is a big block of wood in the background, almost tree stump size. I have a ongoing inner project to notice "garage wood", most shops or garages have a few misc big "chunks of wood", that end up all stained, hammered, etc. but we can't do without them. Sears does not sell them, but where do they come from? No one buys a piece of wood for their shop, and near as I can tell, no one ever throws them away.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

I like that observation.    I have a few ~12" long, ~8x8" pieces of newel post left over from house construction that get used for all kinds of things, from blocking stuff up to a good work surface for tire changes.     They are really handy!

Osnabrock

I agree.
Nice observation DrPsyko.
Perhaps it's a new thread for indispensable, or just plain old, tools is in order.  I've got a few around that I'd share but, alas, my modern camera is out of batteries. 
The old gear pullers, tap and die sets, or anvils.  I've got a a serious interest in such things.
Growing up a farmer, some of the cool tools from my ancestors have made their way into my collection.  Same with carpentry tools, as that is now my profession. 
I'd love to see what everyone else has around. I find it fascinating how perfect tools somehow make their way out of the modern mechanic's tool chest.

"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lonesome Dave

Doc, that was funny, got a good laugh.  And now for your viewing pleasure......Big Wood  :evil

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

That anvil does kinda seem like it fits you Dave. If it can't be fixed by pounding on it... well it's time to call Gage at MX Connection.   ::)

Bogus Jim

Anybody know what this tool is? Someone should, it's not that rare...

Fletch

Quote from: BogusJim on April 09, 2013, 11:02:39 PM
That anvil does kinda seem like it fits you Dave. If it can't be fixed by pounding on it... well it's time to call Gage at MX Connection.   ::)

Makes sense to me....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike