News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tour of Idaho Training

Started by torgo, April 09, 2015, 09:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgo

I am going to be in the Hills the 19th, 20th, and the 21st to sharpen my skills for the Tour of Idaho.  I plan on ridding as many single track trails as possible.  Also Camp 5.  What can anyone suggest for technical trails?  I will be bringing my 09 TE310R and my new 500EXC, both street legal dirt bikes.

Thx
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Bogus Jim

For single track, I'd just look at the map and ride all it. That way you're guaranteed to find something you like.   ;)  With a street legal bike it could all be ridden in one very long day but two days is more reasonable.

Other technical trails... listed roughly in order of increasing difficulty:

541.1, near Camp 5

8035 / 8036, off of 541.1 (Moses Hill)

139.1 (Bulldog Canyon) really fun long climb, a bit rocky but only one spot near the top that's tough

Camp 5

8089 from Nemo to Dalton Lake

8026 / 8030 (Raspberry Ridge, near Pilot Knob trailhead) rocky as hell, but totally doable, just go slow

8284 (Icebox Canyon, near Piedmont) trials-type obstacles. Dead end so you have to ride it twice.

6605 (access from Schroeder or Shanks trail head) the northern part of this is just a double track. Once you turn south, it's a dry creek bed full of rocks, very difficult. Also in this area, hit 6606 and 6660, both really fun single tracks.

6319 (Bogus Jim area) middle section is very difficult, Fletch and I rode it and bailed in the middle

6312 (Bogus Jim area) this is a short loop. I consider the east side unrideable and the toughest trail I have seen in the hills... perhaps a nationally-ranked trials rider could do it. extremely difficult

There's one near Galena that's supposed to be as tough as 6312 but I don't know where it is.

torgo

Thanks Bogus,

I'm sure that will get me started.  I'm not a trials rider, although I do have a trials bike.  I mainly use it for balance practice.

I'll let you know which ones kick my but.

Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.