News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Interested in a 4 stroke dirt bike

Started by fringefan, October 14, 2008, 12:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Not too concerned about age but would like it in good shape and have my eye on either an XR or KLX. Would like to pick it up for next to nothing and have it delivered with a full tank of gas and recent oil change ;D

loingrader

and if anyone has 2 to give away, i will also graciously take the second off of their hands.  heck, i'll even take a 2 stroke. 

fringes, you should consider 2 strokes too.  would have much better luck finding one cheap, and they are much cheaper/easier to work on if problems arise in the engine.  plus, there is nothing like the smell of 2 stroke exhaust in the mornings. 

then you could add a kdx to your list of potentials.  the ultimate woods bike.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I'll second that.   Although I'm not a huge 2 stroke fan, my KDX200 was the best offroad bike I've ever owned.

If I were to find a cheap one locally I'd buy it in a second.

Hank

http://fargo.craigslist.org/mcy/962554046.html

This is tempting me, but I probably won't do it.   Seems like a good price, but I don't follow the used values that closely.
I'll be there over Christmas if you want it!   Of course we'd still have to get it to Rapid, but I promise I'll ride it for you until we figure out how :)

loingrader

i paid $750 or so for my 91.  i think that if you could get for $1100 or less it would be a hell of a good deal.  looks like a nice bike.  anytime you can get a clean dirt bike over 200cc's and less than 10 years old for close to a grand, i consider it a pretty good deal.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Here's a short but interesting comparison of the 200 and 220

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/200vs220.html

Sounds like the 220 is an enhanced 200, with even more bottom end power.    So not like the 250 I had for a while that was really peaky and not much fun for trail riding.   When we get back to DL over Christmas I might have to go check this out. 

loingrader

yea, the 220 is just doesn't move as much fuel or rev up as high or quickly as the 200.  almost the opposite end of the spectrum as your 250.  as that website says, bone stock, the 220 has a SMALLER CARB than the 200! 

but yea, as close as it is to you, go take her for a spin!