News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

BMW GS

Started by revin kevin, March 13, 2009, 11:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revin kevin

Hey guys, keep your eyes open for a GS1150  for sale, looking to spend less than $8000. They're out there, just missed a loaded 01 for $6700, extra eyes looking can't hurt
Thanks Revin

The Yeti

Thought you already tried the GS-thing and got rid of it ???  Feel like you made a mistake?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

revin kevin

No mistake, still keeping the KLR,   just got rid of a goldwing, "cramped", the GS is a more comfortable 2-up machine for me and the wife,and the alure of the gravel road is strong and  is more easily fulfilled on a GS than a goldwing. Can't a guy have it all?

The Yeti

I see...I know you already had a GS:

QuoteJust had to try the king of the hill so i bought a GS, smooth, powerfull, great on the road, fair on the gravel-"better with TKC's but 3k or less on a $100+ tire =3 rear tires and 1 or 2 fronts  a year wasn't for me" but on the loose stuff or rocks it was just too heavy to be any fun.

So I thought you'd given up on the big beasties.

Quotejust got rid of a goldwing, "cramped"

??? ???  I had a GL1800 for about 5 years, the wife  was totally IN LOVE with the back seat. Fell asleep back there more times than I can count. The bike never really "spoke" to me, but I would never describe it as "cramped". After I got rid of the Goldwing, with a few  :'( from the wife, and through much trial and error, I ended up with (IMO) the ultimate dual-sport!  ;D The 950/990 Adventure is a very capable two-up tourer, don't count it out if you're looking. AND, a lot more fun in the dirt than the big GS, or so I hear...

The Yeti

revin kevin

I no longer have a want for another GS, 
I got another GS.
02 R1150GS Adventure

Hank

:pics

Lets see some pics of that new ride!!

fringefan