News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

TTR??

Started by JustJeff, August 29, 2016, 06:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

http://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/5754040440.html

Pros and cons...for $1300?  Worth it to pick one up just to put in your quiver?

greatbuffalo

Don't think you would be happy. Look for a WR250R and be done with it.
This bike is more new rider oriented. I think you would tire of it quickly.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Agreed... The TTR is a fine little bike, but I think you'd be way too big for it.   The suspension would be hopeless for a guy your size.

Now if you had teenage kids or a wife that wanted to learn to ride... absolutely.

JustJeff

Nice feedback gentlemen.  There's a nice WR in Sioux City for $4200...would love to sell my GS so I could pick it up.  Dropped the GS to $8900 and no takers yet. 

For only $1300 thought it might be worth it to screw around in the Hills and It wouldn't break the bank.

loingrader

They are fun little bikes, think of a tw with taller tires.  Not going to win any races but fun to putter around on.  I rode the hell out of an older model, ttr225 at a spring rally one year and had a blast.  I agree that for the money it would be fun and I am sure it will still be running in 10 yrs with virtually no maintenance, unlike the WR. 

My opinion is a little different.  I've owned nice bikes and I appreciate lots of HP and top notch suspension, but the older bikes are just as much fun for me because I still have a big smile on my face and I have less money invested if it goes off a cliff or something.  Plus, on nicer bikes I can just ride faster which equals more carnage in a get off. 

To each, their own.  Anything on 2 wheels is fun in my book.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

tannerc

Quote from: loingrader on August 30, 2016, 05:54:38 PM

To each, their own.  Anything on 2 wheels is fun in my book.

+1
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."