News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Thats it! I am riding tomorrow...

Started by jacin theis, December 30, 2009, 07:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

I can't take it anymore. I rode to work last wednesday and had to come home at lunch to get a four wheeled vehicle because it started to sleet, but then quit as soon as i made it back to work. I wont be fooled again, there is only a 20% chance of snow tomorrow, so i am riding. I am sick of sitting in the comfort of a heated cab, listening to music, having a defroster. I hope i see some of you on the road tomorrow. Have a great new year!     ride ride ride.....
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

I keep thinking I should man up and ride, but my road is icy as shit and it's a high of 2 tomorrow....  guess I'll wait.

loingrader

i went drift busting on my klr out in the wheatfield and shelterbelt that surround our little acreage.  i needed to warm up the engine so that i could change the oil.  that was my excuse.  it reminded me of my surfing days as a kid when we lived in florida.  not any traction to speak of and it just floated along.  if i tried to ride to work, i'd dump it on the hard pack before i got to the end of my driveway.

i need a ural!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

Watertown and Platte, i dont think i would try to ride either. Thats the great thing about living in the Hills, you can usually ride most of the winter. loingrader, do you know andy keipers from there? he lives here now and is a freind of a friend. trying to get him to go on a long riding trip with me.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

LittleJacket

way to frickin cold to ride -2 in sioux falls last I looked.  I did get the bike out a few days ago and rode around the snow covered parking lot for about 10 minutes 8).
rpjohnso

loingrader

Quote from: jacin theis on December 31, 2009, 03:44:03 PM
do you know andy keipers from there?

i know a few kuipers' but i don't know andy.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro