New Years Resolutions for Riding More

Started by LittleJacket, January 01, 2010, 12:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleJacket

Well, it's that time of year again.  My resolutions usually include losing weight and to quit chewing, but lets be a little more realistic this year.  I've spent the last 1.5 years on the road with trucking and really lost interest in the idea of rallying down the interstate or doing any highway riding on my KLR in my off time.  Living in Sioux Falls hasn't helped with virtually no sensation of exploration or trail riding.  In 2009, I rode my bike 3 days and maybe 900 miles-absolutely pathetic.
The good news is that by Jan 4, 2010, I will become a Colorado Resident once again and be home every night.  Not to mention the great riding at my back doorstep, I will also have a 50 mile each way commute for several months.  Soooo, along with getting back to being involved more with DDSR, my new years resolution for riding more is riding over 5 thousand miles in 2010 putting my 2003 KLR over 22K total.  Whos next? 
rpjohnso

Hank

I think I'll set my goals low.  I'd like to gain 15 pounds and drink more.

;D

I'd like to get back into better shape, even the shape I was in last May.   Other than that, I don't have any..   I hope to take a road trip, and make 1 or both rallies.

fringefan

Looking forward to 2010. Have a new career that keeps me close to home and gives me the ability to ride almost when I want.
Goals
1. Get in better shape
2. Ride both my two wheel friends more
3. take at least one week long DS trip.
4. Teach my daughter to ride a mt bike and have both of them swimming.

plumber mike

I quit smoking last year and it stuck(so did the weight)

I'd like to use the Bowflex for more than storage.

Ride more with you guys :D