News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

any trials riders?

Started by numb41, February 17, 2010, 03:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numb41

Feb and march are the worst time of year for me, I swear.  Mabey it's cabin fever, I don't know.  Anywho, I've got the bug to get a trials bike.  Had one in High School (waaaay too long ago).  I did a quick search on the internet and didn't really come up with much.  I was suprised how many links I found that didn't work.  Do you guys know of any websites I could look at?  Do you know of any bikes around for sale?  I'm probably in the 1000-15hundred range for price.  Thanks!  Foster

The Yeti

Quote from: numb41 on February 17, 2010, 03:32:19 PM
Feb and march are the worst time of year for me, I swear.  Mabey it's cabin fever, I don't know.  Anywho, I've got the bug to get a trials bike.  Had one in High School (waaaay too long ago).  I did a quick search on the internet and didn't really come up with much.  I was suprised how many links I found that didn't work.  Do you guys know of any websites I could look at?  Do you know of any bikes around for sale?  I'm probably in the 1000-15hundred range for price.  Thanks!  Foster

I was just talking with Brian (Flexlarson) the other day, and he said he recently rode a trials bike...not sure if it was for sale, or what....anyway, he's rarely on the forum, but fringefan may know something about it.   ???
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

The guy sold it and I think he wanted 800-1k but it was in great shape from what I hear.

Message flex if he knows of any others because I know he has been looking.

revin kevin

Where are you located?  If you can find me a nearby modern trials bike in the $2000-$2500 range you could talk me out of my Yamaha TY250 with spare wheels,frame,engine ect for $1350 but unless I find a replacement I'm keeping it. I plan on trying some events this spring & summer so I'll keep an eye open for you.

jacin theis

I have been wanting a trials too. I found a couple of nice ones for around 1500-1800 on denver craiglist. I think that they would be a blast in the hills. Try Roscoes in rapid city, he's a dealer and had some info on some used stuff also.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

numb41

Thanks!  Gives me a place to start.

OOFDA

I have a super nice 1999 Gas Gas 270 trials bike I have been thinking of getting rid of. What year is your TY250?

OOFDA

jacin theis

Hey OOFDA, how much do you want outright the gas gas? i have been wanting a trials also, but dotn want to dump $3,000 in another bike to try to find time ot ride...
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

OOFDA

For the nominal fee of $1800 this bike can be yours. It has nearly new IRC tires, recent front fork rebuild, clutch master cylinder gone thru, frt and rear wheels bearings and seals replaced. Nice condition.

OOFDA

revin kevin

OOFDA, my TY is a 1972 with  title and I also have a bunch of spares - engine, wheels, frame. If interested in doing some swapping give me a call (605)660-2084 and I'll email you some pic's. Looks like you're located in south east Iowa? at least I'm in south east SD  so we're about 450 miles apart = road trip?