Main Menu

June Ralley Pictures

Started by fringefan, June 21, 2010, 09:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

quite an awesome site at the Fish N Fry

beth, posing by a building shell by the mine near galena

8 of us stopping to check out roughlock falls

beth and i in front of roughlock falls (had never been before but it was well worth the stop)

devil's tower

tim and jake admirig the barbie klr at devil's tower

big thunderhead forming over eastern wyoming on highway 585

on 85 just west of cheyenne crossing

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Great pics Bret! I came THIS close to skipping Camp 5 and riding with you guys Sat morning....you have no idea how much I wish I had!   :o :P
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

and missed out on that sweet chopper ride?  that's a once in a lifetime experience! 

...hopefully     ;)

there's always going to be another rally yeti.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

grubbie

Yeti, didn't you video "the hill" at the end of camp 5? Would love to see that.

mommer

pilots knob

klr's have quirks too  :evil Brett.  that was a great breakfast (warm up) ride

Bogus Jim

I didn't take many pictures... I had my hands full trying to keep up with you guys, but here are a few from Fri/Sat rides.

I rode out from Rapid City... sign on the way out to Nemo Friday morning. I think it was for the National Guard but maybe it was for all the KTM's that showed up to do battle at DDSR 2010.

First rest stop on the Friday morning ride. A Transalp rider decided to hypermile and rode part of this trail with the engine off, very impressive.

A long line of eager dual-sport riders, waiting for Yeti to plot the next move.

Out by Slate Creek dam, I think. One guy fixing a flat tire, four guys supervising. What is this, a government job?

I didn't see this happen, but apparently Aaron (aka, agspecialties) decided to ride his XRL through this log cabin and demolished it. I wish those Nebraska riders would have more respect for our historical landmarks.

If you survived Camp 5 on Saturday, there was this insane hill climb waiting for you at the end of the trail. A dog leg and a rock ledge at the top add to the difficulty, and several in our group needed a push to make the last 20 feet.

Sometimes, when I am riding in the Black Hills, I forget to stop and look at the beautiful scenery we have. This is a view from Custer Peak, not far from the Fish N' Fry.

Veteran Peak trail terminates at the Black Hills Veteran's Cemetery. Rest in peace, brave soldiers.

-Jim

loingrader

Quote from: mommer on June 22, 2010, 10:50:13 PM

klr's have quirks too  :evil Brett.  that was a great breakfast (warm up) ride

that was my fault, not the klr's, and i'm glad you enjoyed the ride.  that loop is one of my favorites.

The Yeti

Random Yeti pics:

Wacked's awesome TransAlp! He rides the hills as well as any KLR could:

OOFDA's classic Bultaco, that little bike could plod through anything:

The mudhole that swallowed Cliff (too far away to see anything though):

At the end of the 429:

Osnabrock helping Caseyjones fix a flat:

Everyone waiting on a gaggle of ATVs to get out of the way so we can tackle Camp 5  :evil :

For some reason, those are the last of my pics....    :-X
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"