News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Greetings from East River

Started by ryani, August 29, 2012, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryani

Hi fellow members.

I recently stumbled across this forum.  I've been riding motorcycles all my life.  Love to get to the hills and ride as much as possible.  Whether dirt or street.

I sold my woods setup CR250 this spring and purchased a 03 KLX300r that I kitted up to make street legal in hopes of some great mini-dual sport riding. 

Anxious to be able to go put some miles in the Hills this fall when it cools down

Ryan
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

loingrader

welcome!

quite a few of us E-river riders on the forum. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

Wow, a lot of new guys recently! welcome to you, hope you do make it out for the rally. This really is a fun bunch of guys to ride and visit with. even those who are stuck on KLR's.    8)
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

NDave

now Jacin  I think a little more respect is due Jap bikes           As your 1800 mile wingman this summer  you know I almost kept up

ryani

I've been doing some reading up on your guys adventures.  It sounds like a great time!  It's kind of short notice since I just stumbled across this forum today, to get the vacation cleared with work though.  Why couldn't I found this site in July!

I'm going to do my best. 

greatbuffalo

Ryani, where East River are you? I'm in Mitchell, there's a few from Watertown area, a few from SF area and a few from Platte area.
Welcome to the group. As Jacin said, there are some very cool folks in this group. Looking forward to riding with you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Quote from: NDave on August 29, 2012, 03:11:30 PM

now Jacin  I think a little more respect is due Jap bikes           As your 1800 mile wingman this summer  you know I almost kept up

For the record, NDave opted for his other ride,,,,cough cough  ::)   weestrom.

Also for the record, it rocked.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

ryani

Greatbuffalo,   I'm from Mitchell and was born and raised in Platte!  Have a lot of fun stories of riding the river hills on my KDX200.  Even a few good Iona trips too.  Definitely have to meet up for a trip.  We usually go to the "Last Thursday" meet in downtown sioux falls but can't make it tomorrow. 

greatbuffalo

We'll have to meet up sometime. Cool.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ryani

Sounds great!  Look me up sometime.  I'm always out on one of my bikes. Old or new.

I've been looking around the site and I'm grinning from ear to ear!   What wealth of information.  Can't wait to head west. 

Thanks again guys

Hank

Welcome from another East River flat lander! 

Platte.  KDX200.  Silverwing?

ryani

Platte...yes   Kdx200  yes     Silverwing  no.   

But I have had a 750 hondamatic and a cb160 in the fold in the past.   Now sits a hopped up yamaha RD350 and a Kawasaki versys for my road bikes.   

I figure variety is the spice of life  haha

misfit

welcome...i'am from up by aberdeen..triumph scrambler :D

loingrader

Quote from: ryani on August 29, 2012, 08:45:45 PM
Platte...yes   Kdx200  yes     Silverwing  no.   

now sits a hopped up yamaha RD350 and a Kawasaki versys for my road bikes.   

I figure variety is the spice of life  haha

I live in Platte.  Have a KDX200.  Dad has 2 RD350's (one is hopped up a little), and i've got a silverwing.  That was where hank was headed...

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

ryani

I'm trying to pull some strings with the better half and work to get out to the rally in two weeks.  It would be a great time!  I'd be bringing extra jets for sure because the 300 is far from dialed in.