KLR guy from Texas planning June trip to your neck of the woods.

Started by mickeymotto, December 25, 2008, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeymotto

Hey guys,

I somehow stumbled across this site, and thought it would be a good idea to make contact with some folks in the area. I have family in the Souix City, IA area (Cruiser types), and every year in June we have a family reunion over in Jefforson City at the "Lake House." This coming year I was planning on taking some time off work and extending the trip to do some motocamping in the area. As I said before, I am from Texas and planning to ride up there. (Trailers are for Harley's) I would be very greatful for any info I could get about the area in early June. i.e. weather, special gear, (I'm sure June in the Dakota's is a little diffrent from June in Texas) riding spots, places to check out, all the little things that make the trip worthwhile.

Thank you for your help and hope to see you up there.

loingrader

welcome mickey.  what part of south dakota are you planning on camping/riding.  western (black hills), central or east (sioux falls).

as far as weather.  it can always rain, and the high temp will probably be in the 70's or so during the day.  in the evening it might be cool if you're camping out in the hills.  like 50's. 

with a little more info, we can be of more help.  if you are around for the rally in the hills the third week in june, you will be in for a good time (klr's love the black hills).

i've got an uncle that lives in gainesville, tx, and the wife and i take the bike down there every summer for a long weekend.  it's not a real exciting ride from there to here, but it's not too bad either.  bout 700 miles from north texas to sioux city.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro