News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Klay, May 11, 2012, 03:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klay

Howdy, Klay here.  I signed up in order to go to the Black Hills ride in June.  I'm from Northfield, Minnesota.  The last time I was in the Black Hills was in 2003 or thereabouts.  My wife and I rode through on the way to Colorado.  We were on sport bikes, though...I've always wanted to explore the trails more.  I heard Cement Ridge and Grand Canyon Road are pretty.  Went camping in the Black Hills in the 80's and 90's a few times, and I was there as a kid, too.  But I feel as if I haven't even scratched the surface of the area and it's so close.  Hope to see you all in June, if everything goes according to plan. 

JoniJo

Welcome to a great bunch of people.

Did you know any of the James-Younger Gang? That would be cool if you did!

;)   :D   ;D                                       

Looking forward to meeting you.                   JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Klay

Didn't get to know any of the James-Younger gang, it was hunting season, donchaknow and all the Norwegians had their rifles close at hand.  Those piddly six-shooters the gang had were woefully inadequate against a bunch of sharpshooters with long guns and they got all shot up and driven out afore we could get to know any of them.   ;)  Maybe next time.

greatbuffalo

Welcome Klay,
The Spring Rally should be a great time.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Joni, I think this "Klay" guy is going to fit it around here!  Welcome partner, butcha better bring one of shorter long guns for these here Black Hills.  Were a friendly group, but most of the fighten is cause we've been ambushed.  Shooten over the backs of our are fallen steads.  Make sure you have a good skid plate to protect your motor from bullets.    ;)   LD 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

JoniJo

I'm such a tease......  8)   

I shoot Cowboy Action. Six guns work just fine for me.    ;D     JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

JoniJo

I got to thinkin'

This is Klay's introduction and somehow I made it about me.   :-\

Sorry Klay! Looking forward to meeting you!         JoniJo
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

The Yeti

Welcome Klay, got you on the list!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

toadl

I'll be leaving Saint Paul on Tuesday and coming back on Sunday with a trailer, just so you know you have a plan B if your riding there.
Of coarse I'm driving a minivan and it will be full of kids, so it's not a very good plan B.
I'm usually wrong

Klay

Thanks, toadl.  I think I'll be trailering my DR350.  Then I think I'm going to head south to Colorado on Sunday, taking my time wandering the plains.

toadl

Quote from: Klay on May 17, 2012, 04:49:00 PM
Thanks, toadl.  I think I'll be trailering my DR350.  Then I think I'm going to head south to Colorado on Sunday, taking my time wandering the plains.
lucky you.
I'm usually wrong