News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Wanted: KDX200

Started by Hank, August 02, 2012, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Used to have a 93, would like another from 92-00 or so.    We're riding at Akeley again soon, and this would be a great bike for up there.

Target price is $1K or less, which should be easy enough to find.

I missed a mint looking 95 for $1k the other day.

Please keep your eyes peeled!

loingrader

Nice work bud!

I've been gettin my 91 all preped for "street legal" -ness since it will be my DDSR ride in Sept.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.  Should have no problem getting a nice one for under a grand.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

JoniJo

.............. I want one of these also!

http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/3127634187.html       JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

JoniJo

JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

JoniJo

220cc
A little more than you wanted to pay.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/3179542474.html

JoniJo    8)

Can't wait for the Rally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

Osnabrock

Good choice Hank.
I know how you like two strokes.  ::)
They're a pretty hot commodity around here.  A GREAT woods bike from what I hear.
One of the reason's I got my GasGas was because people were comparing it to the KDX for ridability and tractor-like power delivery.
I'll keep my ears open for private sales.  I know you've got Craigslist covered.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Lonesome Dave

Hank, I know where there is a 98 or 99 with less than 10 hours.  I mean it, it's brand new.  Always stored inside.  An old buddy of mine bought it new.  I've wanted to buy it for a long time.  I don't think 1k will get it.  If you want to know more PM me.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Quote from: Osnabrock on August 02, 2012, 06:53:27 PM
Good choice Hank.
I know how you like two strokes.  ::)
They're a pretty hot commodity around here.  A GREAT woods bike from what I hear.
One of the reason's I got my GasGas was because people were comparing it to the KDX for ridability and tractor-like power delivery.
I'll keep my ears open for private sales.  I know you've got Craigslist covered.
Its the one two smoke I've owned that actually seemed reliable!
When I had mine it never made it off the farm.  Now that I know about the PB forest I'd like it back!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Osnabrock

Next time you make it over to Akeley let me know. 
Our moto club is gearing up for our enduro on the East side in two weeks.  We've gone over about 60 miles of trail with trimmers and pruning shears.  It's hard work but it makes the trails really fun.  You probably rode some of our work when you where over.
After the enduro, the trails are "burned in" and EXTREMELY fun.  When the leaves start falling it becomes a little more adventurous but the trade off is that you can see much further ahead of you in the woods.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Hank

We plan to ride up there next Sat, which I guess is the kids enduro day.   We'll probably stay over on the west side for the most part.

ZIGGY

Here's one that fits the bill.
http://www.bismanonline.com/kawasaki_kdx200
New England is located just south of Dickinson.

Hank

There is a decent looking 99 in Belle Fourche and it has a pipe and a few other goodies on it.
He had it listed for 2K which is way high, but I think he would sell it much cheaper.  Book is 1300 for excellent, so that is top dollar.

Does anyone live in or near Belle Fourche?

loingrader

you saw that the one in b.f. is a 220 right?

i like the 2 on rc craigslist for $600 and $650. 

i'd much rather pay that for a 200cc than double for a 220cc with a smaller carb, etc.

but i know you know what you're doing hank!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Ya the 220s torque has some appeal though.   The $600 one makes me nervous a bit too.   Rebuild, tires and who knows what else and then you're at 1300 plus anyway.   Maybe someone would like to check it out for me tho?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2