News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Wanted: KDX200

Started by Hank, August 02, 2012, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osnabrock

Quote from: Hank on August 03, 2012, 10:02:38 AM
We plan to ride up there next Sat, which I guess is the kids enduro day.   We'll probably stay over on the west side for the most part.
I'll be up there Friday night through Sunday evening.  I don't know what my duties will be on Saturday, I was a sweeper for the kid's enduro last year, so I might be engaged. 
I think they'll have a spaghetti supper at Stomping Grounds Saturday evening.  Let me know if you're thinking of going.
Also, if a new clutch kit arrives before the weekend, I'll have my 200 up there.  You'd be more than welcome to take it out on the trails just to take a two stroke for a ride again.
If you'll be around on Sunday, for the adult enduro, I could point you in the direction of some good "spectator" hang outs.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

plumber mike

Hank- I've been meaning to get out to Belle to look at a flatbed for my pickup. If you want I could check it out one afternoon this week. Just shoot me a text @ 6055912912 if you'd like.

Hank

Don't make a special trip, that's for sure, but yeah if you're in the area and its handy that would be great.

Sounds like it runs good, so I'm mostly concerned about tires, chain and sprockets, etc.

The $650 one is sold.

Hank

Quote from: Osnabrock on August 06, 2012, 09:01:42 PM
Quote from: Hank on August 03, 2012, 10:02:38 AM
We plan to ride up there next Sat, which I guess is the kids enduro day.   We'll probably stay over on the west side for the most part.
I'll be up there Friday night through Sunday evening.  I don't know what my duties will be on Saturday, I was a sweeper for the kid's enduro last year, so I might be engaged. 
I think they'll have a spaghetti supper at Stomping Grounds Saturday evening.  Let me know if you're thinking of going.
Also, if a new clutch kit arrives before the weekend, I'll have my 200 up there.  You'd be more than welcome to take it out on the trails just to take a two stroke for a ride again.
If you'll be around on Sunday, for the adult enduro, I could point you in the direction of some good "spectator" hang outs.

We'll be around Sat and Sat night for sure.    We'll be playing it loose.   My number is 6o5-881-8o92

Hank

OK, I got my KDX.    Its misspelled by a couple letters but I couldn't pass it up.

20 hours (so claimed) on a new top end / crank, new tires, new clutch, new chain / sprocket.    Overall it looks like its been maintained pretty well and isn't in bad shape at all.   Its been ridden for sure, but I got it for a bunch below book, and it runs and rides real well.   I do need to relace the rear wheel, but that can be a winter project.

jacin theis

Nice! those make me want to go fast just loking at them. Congratulations.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on August 09, 2012, 04:33:29 AM
I do need to relace the rear wheel, but that can be a winter project.

or a quick ebay project.  thrashed (egged, dented, and wobbly) wheels on my kdx is what had kept me from getting more serious about it being my primary ds ride.  couldn't justify the money for some woodys to put on an $800 bike.  found a nice front and rear wheel (with tires, axles, etc) for about $30 a piece shipped on ebay.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I'll definitely be watching ebay for wheels.  Haven't seen any cheap ones yet.   Spokes are reasonable though if I strike out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

loingrader

You would attempt re-lacing a wheel?  If you completed that task and it actually endured the stress a bike like that would inflict, that may impress me even more than all your CAD designed moto bits and pieces! 

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I did my xt500, front and rear.  It wasnt nearly as bad as I expected..

plumber mike

Nice! I've always wanted to take a sip of the orange kool-aid, but am afraid I would hurt myself ;D

Osnabrock

Cool.
Is it a 200 or 250?
I have a friend who rode a 250 and his daughter had a 200.  He had nothing but good things to say about both.
Will you have it up at the trails this weekend?
I'll call you tomorrow and maybe we can cross paths at Akeley on Saturday.  I still haven't heard my work responsibilities but it would be nice to at least meet up and visit.
-John
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Hank

Its a 200 but has a pipe and I'm thinking a few more mods.   I put a few miles on it today and know for sure that I'd like just a bit more flywheel and I need to soften the suspension. I think the first owner raced it.  Its got good low end but has a real hit going into mid range.   Fun as shit though.  Love the 220 lb weight.   We will be at the stompin grounds sometime before or around lunch.

Hank

jacin theis

i like the Recluse clutch. Nice find!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS