News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Looking for smaller Dirt bike

Started by Lonesome Dave, February 23, 2012, 02:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Friend of mine is looking for a dirt bike for his son (15yoa).  He would like a CRF150, but would consider others in that size range.  Wants to spend up to $1500.  Thanks, LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

sam i am

It's more than the price you listed, but I came across this today.

http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mcy/2878226234.html

Thought I'd post it up just in case.

JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

numb41

dang, i like them both.  i bet that 150 is a snotty lil' thing to ride!

JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Bogus Jim

QuoteOne more............  JoniJo

That one has been bored out to 180. I don't think it would be safe for a 15-year old, 180cc's would rip your arms off in 5th gear.

Lonesome Dave

Yea, I looked at that one earlier today.  I did see a crf150 in Sturgis also today.  That one looked pretty good with decent price. Thanks.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

JoniJo

Maybe???????

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/2905151582.html

If your friend has found a bike, let me know and I'll stop posting.   ;D   JoniJo
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

Lonesome Dave

Not yet, I will pass this on, thanks.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

JoniJo

JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

I sold my little XR200 to my friends 14yr old. Woulda been perfect.

I do still have an 86 YZ80 and an 81 XR200. Both fixers. I'd give him either one if that would help get a newb into the sport.
The YZ needs a jug/piston and the XR????ask Hellneau about that one ;)

plumber mike

http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mcy/2909644984.html

There's alot of 125 2 strokes cheap. There might be a way to limit the power until he is ready.

numb41

That 15 yr old kid will handle more than you give him(her?) credit.  If anything, first and second gear would be enough to keep them busy for quite awhile.

Lonesome Dave

Thanks everyone.  Found it on Rapid City's Craigslist yesterday.  CRF150 and here's the best part, $900.  His wife rode it and it has a bent front brake lever.  Otherwise good shape.  WOW!  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !