News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Smaller Dualsport wanted

Started by greatbuffalo, May 17, 2012, 07:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

OK kids, I'm back in the market for a smaller bike. Here's the deal. The KLR I bought from Lonesome Dave has pretty much been taken over by my son and, yesterday, I discovered some damage on the Tiger that was obviously sustained during last falls rally. The damage was focused where the bash bars connect to the engine case. The damage is not terminal but another hard hit to the left side could be. I've even thought about removing the bash bars to prevent further damage. Haven't thought that completely through yet.

So, I'm looking for a WR, DRZ, even another KLR, XR600, etc, etc, etc. I need a trail machine that in made to take the abuse that I'm going to give it. My budget is $2000 - $2500 and needs next to nothing to get out. Not looking for a project. Any bike will be considered. Don't want to travel to the ends of the earth to get it. Within easy travel distance from Mitchell or if someone out in the Hills has a candidate I can make that work as I get out there more often than say Minneapolis or Omaha.

I'm headed down to a local shop that has an 02 WR250F. They want 2000 for it but I do some business there and he wants to sell me Super Tenere next spring so he may be willing to talk.

Let me know what you got.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

I know its a bit more, but i still have my 06 WR250F for $2,800. Just throwing it out there.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Jacin is that electric or kick?

Tell me more, we may be able to make a deal.

The WR250 F I looked at this morning is not road ready and is kick start only. At this point, I'd much rather have e-start

Lonesome Dave

Sportfaller has been talking about changing, maybe he would sell his 800 for $2500 or a little more!  :evil
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Oh.....I just remembered!  There was a (I think) KLX300 on Craigslist for around that amount in the last week.  Looked really nice, but I can't seem to find it.  Might have been sold already.  Anybody know or remember it?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

jacin theis

My WR250F is BOTH electric and kickstart. Has a compression release, plates, headlight, brake and tail lights, MSR skid plate, ad MSR radiator guards. Even a nifty seat cover from Wal-mart that Dave told me about to save your delicate backside.  As much as i would love to have a KTM or similar bike, i just cant spend that kind of cash to go beat it up. Josh on the other hand, has a different view of the value of a dollar (of course he is not married, YET).  I still have less in my GS and my WR than he is considering for his updated ride.  Oh to be single and kid-less again......
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Jacin, i think we can come to some agreement on this machine. Chatted with my wife tonight and she has given the 90% go ahead. So don't sell till you've heard back from me in the next day or so. I'd kinda like to ride it to be sure its the one though but its a pretty short list and I haven't found any other on the list in my price range. Was looking for a wr250r but they're still a little steep and I haven't seen a DRZ in decent shape in my price range since Lonesome Dave sold his machine. So I think this is it.

Will give you a call in a day or so.