News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

On the road again

Started by grizz, July 17, 2012, 08:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizz

Just a note to share with you some of our adventure. We are traveling a loop through British Columbia then back to the states with some gravel roads thrown in when we can. We left Newcastle, Wyoming on July 9th 2012. More to come when we get a minute on the road.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

So many bikes, so little time.......

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grizz

We packed up the bikes and got ready to head out July 9, 2012.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

grizz

Got rained on a little while crossing the Big Horn Mtns. The wildflowers were blooming everywhere.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

grizz

Camped at Cody KOA and tried to stay out of the way of the tourists. (We don't think of ourselves as tourists!) Our son is also along for the ride on his 1200 gsa.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

grizz

The next day we went through Yellowstone Natl. Park, hit a few buffalo jams, avoided some cars turning around to go back to look at something, and finally made it out to West Yellowstone for some lunch in the city park.  We headed out to Henry's Lake to get on some gravel roads that will take us across the Continental Divide route and on to Dillon, MT.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

grizz

The sign at the pass.  While we were there a guy came by riding the trail and said there were 4 more guys coming along.  We played leap frog with them for the next 30 miles of road.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

Hank

The Yeti

I sure wish I could figure out why I can't see pics that are uploaded as attachments!!  <grrr>  >:(
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

grizz

If there is a way to have the pictures come up in the post, let me know.  I'm mew to this posting thing and could use any help you can give me.  Having trouble with picture size on my computer so the pics may be awhile.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

The Yeti

For some reason, I can't see any pics that are posted as attachments - it's very strange and is related to my account because I log in on multiple computers with the same result. Pics posted from Photobucket (or similar image hosting sites) show up fine.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

same with me yeti.  exactly.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I found the problem - as I told yeti through PM.   Log in again Bret.

loingrader

no need, they are showing up.  thanks hank!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

grizz

Back to the trip.  We left the other riders following the CDR and took the Blacktail Rd. across the edge of the Gravelly Range to Dillon, Mt.  All together that day was 90 miles of dirt and gravel! Wahoo!
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R