News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Martineau trail system - Akeley MN

Started by Hank, July 29, 2012, 06:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I know a few of the members here have ridden this, but probably not a lot.   We (Cara and I)  spent part of yesterday and this morning riding with Lance and Sheri (biker4ever and bikergirl4ever - you may have met them at June DDSR) and also Duffer from Fargo.   It was GREAT!!   Lots of single track and fun ATV trails.  The single track was especially great.  Tricky, tight and challenging but maybe not quite as intimidating as some of the BH singles can be.   Very heavy woods, mud, sand tight stuff, but generally not as steep as the BH.   I'd highly recommend it, especially for us riding starved East River folks.

Lance and Sheri have started a May rally and it would be well worth attending.  Great folks and great riding!

I'll see what Cara has for pictures also but here is the only one I took as I was trying to catch my breath.  This particular hill kicked my ass... sandy, steep and rocky and after 5 drops and 5 times getting stuck I felt like I was gonna die.  I should have taken more pictures but I was too busy riding :)

ORedenbacher

Camped at the Stompin' Grounds just outside of Akeley.  It's right near the trails.  Has a restaurant/bar with great food & an outdoor deck.

greatbuffalo

Looks like fun. That trail looks seriously loose.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

a klr would have walked right up that trail.  when are you going to learn hank?
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Quote from: loingrader on July 29, 2012, 10:07:56 PM
a klr would have walked right up that trail.  when are you going to learn hank?

True, that extra 120lbs would have come in handy..    :o  :o

I'd probably still be stuck on that hill with a hernia...  lol

JoniJo

That's 466 miles from Omaha.....
Sounds great! It would only take two 5 hour energy shots!           ;D              JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson