News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

How I spent the 4th blizzard of April 2013

Started by Hank, April 15, 2013, 08:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I got the hell out of there :)

This little adventure started with a family trip to the Super Cross in MSP Saturday which, by the way the 450 main, was probably the best race of any kind I have ever seen.   And it ended right too!  Wow was that fun!   Got to see John (Osnabrock) and Jeff (can't recall handle) for a bit.

We made the mistake of parking RIGHT NEXT to the dome.   OOPS.  Traffic leaving sucked terribly.  2 hours to go 2 blocks.    We finally got to our hotel at midnight.    At 3 am I got up and caught and 5:15 airplane to Jacksonville Florida.    Around 2pm Sunday I looked like this:

A few hours later I was here:

And a few hours and 250 miles of rain, I quit here (Dublin GA)

For some dumb reason I didn't pack my real rain gear.   Just the rain repellant type gear.  Damn that was dumb.    I was soaked to the core.

Today started out like this (sunshine and 65):

And was a wonderful day.   Here are some images in not necessarily chronological order.. I'll fill in more details later.

This is actually Cara's bike.   But she might have to fight me for it :)

I'll review the bike later, but I will say I'm going to be selling off quite a few bikes so I can get one of these.   This is just a CRAZY good all around bike.   I can't say I've enjoyed another bike this much since????    Wow I love it. 

Plan was to be home Friday, but with the weather I might push that out a day or two.   Tomorrow.. the snake and the BRP, or part of it.

More details to come later..

bikergirl4ever

I hope I like mine this much. It still has 0.0 miles on it.. Cara and I will have to go riding our new bikes. 
Live, Laugh, Love

pegleg

that was a great race, wish I could have been there. what a beautiful bike, my money is on cara winning the fight.

greatbuffalo

There was a few going from Mitchell but work took me out of going and the race coverage was horrible.

Is the Triumph the roadie or the XS.

The XS is on my short list for next years purchase. Will be interested in your review. Ride safe.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

It is an XS.  As long as it is reliable I don't see how a person could go wrong.   I've never heard of any reliability issues either.

Bikergirl4ever has herself a roadie.   Hopefully she'll give us a review too!

Wacked

Jealous!!!!!

I've had "Tiger Lust" ever since I test drove one last summer.  Cara has excellent taste in bikes!

Wacked

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

bikergirl4ever

Haha. We need to get rid of some of this snow so I can ride it and give a review. Lance has ridden his Tiger Explorer a few times and really likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live, Laugh, Love

Hank

I just realized its no longer 2012.   Lol.

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on April 16, 2013, 01:17:24 PM

Bikes yes, men.....I'm not sure!

Even SHE can have an occasional lapse of judgement.   :P

Hank

I was up early today.   It looked like this:

Pretty warm and looking good.   Didn't see a drop of rain all day.

Most of the day involved things like this:

I only covered 330 miles.   30-55 mph all day, back and forth between TN and NC about 6 times.

Lots of pretty vistas.

I did take one gravel side route and did a mile hike to see Linville Falls

The tiger didn't blow up or fall apart on this grueling offroad adventure.

Just drove in the parking lot here:

And ended the day on "The snake"

This road was just great.   I have some video I'll upload later.   Wow for curves down here!

Bogus Jim

The 5th blizzard of April 2013 is just starting up here. Better stay out a couple more days, make sure the Tiger is running perfectly for Cara.  ;)

biker4ever

you know there aren't many men that would go all the way to Florida to ride their wife's bike back to SD under such horrible conditions Cara is so lucky. :evil Try to have a good time anyway and be safe. ;) I think I need to start looking for bikes in Florida.

Hank

Florida is a good place to buy bikes :)    And, yes, I am very generous to donate my time like this to such a worthy cause.  And yes, if I have to stay longer or ride farther to avoid snow, and test the bike.. so be it :)

Here is a link to my planned route:

http://goo.gl/maps/AOy2B

So far I've stuck pretty close to it.

Day 1 was Jax to Dublin, GA,  Day 2 was Dublin to Townsend, TN (near Maryville), and day 3 was Townsend to Boone NC.

I might swing a little farther south when I get to IN through MO to avoid some weather.