News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

How I spent the 4th blizzard of April 2013

Started by Hank, April 15, 2013, 08:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORedenbacher

I'm at a loss for words as to how wonderful it is for my dear  :-* husband :-* to ride "my" bike home over a week's time through balmy, scenic paths.  There's no place I'd rather be than home in freezing SD this week with the kids, cats, rabbits, dog and snow storms.  And, I'd really hate to miss out on work.  I might be a really BIG LIAR too ;D   

Nonetheless, have a safe & fun birthday vacation week!  Keep it upright!  Don't hit any chupacabras down south.

bikergirl4ever

Cara, when and where are we going on our trip?

Happy Birthday Jason
Live, Laugh, Love

ORedenbacher

Quote from: bikergirl4ever on April 16, 2013, 09:53:59 PM
Cara, when and where are we going on our trip?

Happy Birthday Jason

As soon as possible! Straight south - I think the Ozarks are calling. 

Hank

No pictures today.  Rained too damn much.  I went from Boone NC north to VA and it started to rain... and rain.. and rain.    I rode one of the most incredible roads of the trip, but rain really dampened (and made wet) that fun.

I cut out my WV loop due to the rain and headed W to KY.   It dried out once I got there.

I went through a little town in VA called "Mouth of Wilson".  That made me laugh.   All those years of Home Improvement and we never got to see it..,.,   Wilson's mouth I mean.    Weird name.

Anyway, I'm safe and dry in Bardstown KY.   They really love their bourbon here.

Hank

I took a rather large detour south today.   Left Bardstown and shot SW to avoid your nasty weather.   Crossed all of TN, into AL and then into MS.   Am there now.   Hopefully make north MO or maybe NE tomorrow, then home saturday if the roads are dry.    I'm OK with cold, but not ice!!

Hank

Had a lovely 500 mile ride to Warrensburg MO today.    30-35 mph NW winds and temps in the low 40s.. brr!  REALLY glad I had heated gear.  I would have been royally screwed without it.

Tomorrow to Omaha where the cavalry is going to pick me up and haul me home.   Apparently the cavalry heard that it will be 60 in Omaha and was eager to go somewhere warmer.   Good for me too.., no worries of a surprise icy patch.

The Tiger still hasn't blown up!

Hank

The Tiger is loaded in Omaha.    States visited:  FL GA SC NC TN VA KY AL MS AR MO IA NE and probably 18 or so border crossings.   It was quite a week!  More later!

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

The Yeti

This is so awesome Hank...I am very very jealous. I've always wanted to do a solo trip like this but never seem to have the time/money to get it done.  :'(
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

It was really fun.  I'm ready to go again!  I need to get my tracks pieced together and post up my route.   It looks a little like I was lost!

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet