News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Those wacky Germans

Started by jacin theis, September 19, 2012, 03:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

A combination that sucks at both roles I bet.

jacin theis

i am gonna bet someone losses their job in the near future over this. I love it though. Impractical and expensive. Maybe it will be made in the US (like a Hummer).
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

I'm guessing that BMW has only the loss of the motor in this endeavor. And anyway a company can get their name out there is positive as long its not hurting anyone. Goofy? yes! Cool? well.... Interesting? Absolutely!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

fugly as all get out but it actually looks fairly functional on youtube.  not for high clearance rocky trails but the quickness in converting from water to dirt and back is pretty impressive.  much more functional than those 6 wheel amphibious atv's that can barely fight a breeze when on the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOCxT89ynbA

i'd take a free one.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

plumber mike

It might be cool for island hopping or wealthy folks in the everglades.

I am niether.

I'll take the second free one ;D

greatbuffalo

Island hopping in the Everglades is a tenuous thing, most of the what you think are islands, are actually floating masses of grass. Besides the weeds would plug your intake so fast you'd be gator bait in no time. That's why airboats are the preferred mode of travel. There are plenty of other places I've traveled in Florida that this would be the thing to have. Northern Florida especially. What a great way explore the natural springs of the Oklawaha, Sewanee, and Santa Fe Rivers.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?