Started by tannerc, May 17, 2013, 01:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dratharr

Tannerc,

That sounds great I cant wait!

Thanks again.

Dratharr

Robmicgrn

I'm in for Friday. I live really close to Nemo (Norris Peak @ Nemo). Just tell me what time. Nemo mercantile is a good place to meet.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

tannerc

Robmicgrn PM me your number, i will give you a call,
Im thinking around 10am ?
we have to put a bike together right away in the morning.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ZIGGY

:)I'm in for Sat. and Sun. Should arrive late Friday. 10ish. Can't wait to hit the trails!

tannerc

Good day of riding  :D
Nice meeting you Rob, Let , me know if you want to ride Sunday.
Tomorrow is single track day.. Picked up another couple riders for the fun tomorrow.. Should be an awesome day!

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Wacked

Let me know if there is a place I can connect up with you midday Sunday. Might be into a good 4-5 hr ride.

tannerc

Good day of riding! :) ;D :) ;D The new single is pretty good. :evil We didnt get the whole route done today but it was enough that 3 of us are sore, tired and ready for bed.
Dratharr, nice meeting you.

WACKED
We will be in the Deerfield area Sunday just planning on doing some leisure exploring, One of the guys wants to be back to Piedmont trail head by four. I will pm you my number.

Dratharr

It was great riding with you guys! I was so damn tired from the day before I wish I would have had more energy on tap. I was really impressed with the way you and Duffer rode those 650r's on that single track. Man that down hill was steep,  and that climb back up the other side was tough. My clutch is toast, I need to gear down some more next time. Still looking for that happy medium for gearing on that bike. Those trails were great I cant wait to get back up there and do some more exploring, please let me know when you plan on going again, I will be in if I can make it! Ziggy really rode that KLX 300 well, too he was squeezing every bit out of that bike for sure, most the morning I was wondering what he had in that thing, because it sure didn't sound or ride like a stock KLX 250s! Anyway what a great ride and thanks again for allowing me to tag along.

tannerc

Yeah it was a very fun weekend, The 650's on single are slow steady and a lot of man handling, I enjoyed the breaks  ;D ! We will let ya know when we get back out there, but I think the next planned visit is the DDSR rally. I will get some video up in the coming days.

ZIGGY

I had a great time too. A few bumps and bruises. The klx on the other hand has a bit more damage than I do. Broke both mirrors (made 1 out of the 2), a blinker, broken side cover plastic, bent the handlebars slightly, and also found a radiator that got smooshed in on one side (No leaks though). I was happy to be able to walk and drive away. :)

It was nice meeting you Dratharr. The Klx351 does pretty good for what it is now. (definitely not stock for sure!) Wish it was about 50 lbs lighter, or a different brand of red might help. Husqvarna comes to mind. ;) I think the Klx still had a bit more to give out there, not sure if I did though.

Come join us @ the rally if you're free. Good times with a group of great people.

tannerc

And.... For anyone that was wondering... the Old Miner trail is completely shut down now. No access.  :o

greatbuffalo

Kinda thought that would be the case.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Quote from: ZIGGY on May 28, 2013, 01:25:58 PM
I had a great time too. A few bumps and bruises. The klx on the other hand has a bit more damage than I do. Broke both mirrors (made 1 out of the 2), a blinker, broken side cover plastic, bent the handlebars slightly, and also found a radiator that got smooshed in on one side (No leaks though). I was happy to be able to walk and drive away. :)

Sounds like a successful weekend!  LOL!

tannerc

Still working on getting videos up loaded but have a few so far
These are from Sunday when we went out "sight seeing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cr1MJ3Eozo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8PITGAhAfc

and this one is from Saturday after I took a wrong turn and split off from the group.  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REaHEr8bU7w

ZIGGY

You should get lost more often...and bring me. Looked like a fun bit of single we missed out on. Guess there's always June! :evil