News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Garmin 60CSX -

Started by Wacked, October 20, 2013, 04:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Many believe this is GPS model is the bomb. 

Garmin and I have not gotten along since day 1.  Bought it for a specific trip and it worked well for that routing.  Part of the issue is that Apple and Garmin do not play well together.  Part of the issue is that I'm not as "techy" as Hank and Bogus.  So this thing sits.  I'm done and ready to sell.  How about $200?  No hard wiring for it.  Don't even know if I have the box for it.  It's been used maybe 20hours.  Clean and not beat on.

PM me if you need it

Wacked

greatbuffalo

What maps are on it and what maps are unlocked for it.

I know what you mean, Garmin always makes things so dang difficult and charge an arm and a leg for everything. I wish they would do what Delorme does and make the software free and offer all their online library available for 30 buck a year.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I've been thinking about a newer GPS for a while now, but can't decide what model I want.

Garmin's model line up is completely bewildering.     Seems like 100 models with 98% overlap of features from one to the next.    Its frustrating to pick anything out.

Wacked

Hey GB -

I haven't bought any extra maps for it.  Had a buddy download the GDR 5 years ago the night before the epic trip with my daughter.  Really glad I had it for that route.  It worked great.  Have since tried to download it with some other routes without success.

I am getting into GAIA.  It's a smart phone GPS app.  Rode with several people in Moab who had this as their navigation tool.  Until Moab, didn't know the GPS would work without a tower.  I've been playing with it the last 3 days and it seems user friendly. 

Wacked

Dr Psyko

I've got one, and works fine for Motocycles. I think Bogus has one also. Particularily like being able to punch in a town, wander around, and the damn thing can get me home. Been rained on many times, used for a couple years, been on the bike about 10k or so.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

greatbuffalo

I was looking on ADV and a guy is selling a Galaxy running Orux. It sounds like a great way to go.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927689

The 60CSX is a favorite among dualsporters.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?