News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

ADV BLACKOUT

Started by torgo, January 18, 2012, 08:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torgo

So what did everyone think of the ADV blackout today to protest SOPA and PIPA???

Not only ADV but many other sites to protest and motivate people to take some action and contact the elected ELITE who always seem to think they should think for themselves and not listen to the people.

A very good tactic but one I hope they don't overuse because it could be similar to the boy who called WOLF.  After a while it will just piss people off.

I emailed all my congressmen so I guess it worked this time.
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Hank

It didn't really bother me much, in fact I emailed all three of my congresspeeps about the issue.    It truly is BAAAD legislation.   I get the whole IP thing, hell our company creates IP every day, and I don't like it when people steal it either.   BUT, you can't penalize the innocent vast majority trying to stop a few bad guys.

I liked google's "big black bar" over the google logo yesterday too.   Wikipedia was down as were many others.

Not wanting to start a political pissing match or anything, but I think this legislation is a prime example of what happens when the government tries to get involved in just about anything.  In a nutshell, they have no clue about anything but would love to meddle in everything.   To that end, they crank out huge, messy, over reaching, ill conceived legislation that in the end does more harm than good.  And they spend a crap load of money, which we don't have, in the process.

Dr Psyko

I can't rsist a political diatribe. Whenever new legislation comes out, I just look to see where the Hollywood types are landing and go the other way. In this case (and usually) Hollywood wants the regulation and I don't.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Lonesome Dave

I just read a sub-title on TV that the SOPA and PIPA has been permanently dropped because of all the protests.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !