News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab anyone?

Started by jacin theis, September 19, 2010, 09:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

Sportfaller, i am still not sure. i need to take an extra bike for a friend coming from Denver to vist and ride. I need to call PlumberMike and see if he has room, or wants me to haulanything for him. I really want to have my Gs there, so i can have my friend move from my wifes ttr125 to my wr250. i dont think he has ridden since he was a kid, so i am REALLY trying to get him back into it. Whats your plan? i think riding would be a great time.

This is what i've got
camping:  Jacin (1 +1 Tony 70% chance)  Mike (1) Snooker (1)  Sportfaller ?%(1)
Should see Jerry and David when we get there.

5 guys? I had higher expectations. Did i pick the wrong weekend? I didnt get much feedback initially on the dates, but was baseing on the best tempuratures.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

I'd probably ride, assuming I havent traded my 1200 for a 800GS by then.  The ride down is pretty awesome once you get to colorado, lots of options.  I'd hate for folks to pass up the technical trails because I'm only one down there riding a 800lb sow.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Number Two

Jacin, put me down riding Saturday and Sunday for sure with a 70% Friday.  Camping.

jacin theis

Sportfaller, i was thinking that if my friend  bales, we would have two GS, and two super sweet 650xmotos. Not sure what number two rides. I really would like to ride there and have the GS. I guess i dont need to get too technical, there are 1,000s of miles of stuff to ride on the bigger bikes. I also dont need to get hurt 800 miles from home, and then use my Medjet to get home. That might limit future trips. If i could get a trailer bult in time, i might haul the WR behind the GS. hhmmmm.   
Number Two, glad you coming! I think its going to be awsome stuff.

camping:  Jacin (1 +1 Tony 70% chance)  Mike (1) Snooker (1)  Sportfaller ?%(1) Number Two (1)
Should see Jerry and David when we get there.

1100 GS

Number Two

I've got a XR650R.  It's got some sweet mods too: bent subframe, tweeked handguard, dented radiator.  I do have a larger tank though.  The stocker was good for 70 miles.  With the bigger one, I can make 200 or so - hopefully enough to keep up with you GS guys.

jacin theis

Was that you and your wife that came to Nemo? Sorry i didnt put that together. Will be great to ride with you again.
1100 GS

loingrader

man i'm so jealous that i won't be at the inaugural ddsr moab rally.  you guys are going to have a blast.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Number Two

Um...  My wife and I have been to Nemo during the time that the fall rally was held, but don't remember meeting any DDSR folks.  I might just be losing it too.   ???

Either way, looking forward to it for sure.

jacin theis

OK, so its down to Plumber Mike, Snooker, Number Two, and me. Sportfaller is a maybe. Mike and I are planning to ride out of the hills wednesday night the 11th. Route is still undetermined, but we would love for anyone who is able, to join us. Since we have our gear with us, we figure we can cowboy camp anywhere. The goal, is the journey. Real profound, isnt it?  If we can stop for the night somewhere in Wyoming, the trip to Moab on Thrusday should be sweet.  I will be on the 1100GS, Mike on his wild crossmoto, Snooker still the xmoto i assume, and Number two on his XR650. If we can talk Sportfaller into suupporting the DDSR Moab trip, he'll be on his brand spanking new 2011 800GS. I dont think there will be any super extreme hardcore dirt riding. Since we are all truly dualsporting, we dont need any helicopter, or destroyed bikes. Should be some great BLM roads, and National parks.   Come on I know there are more of you out there!!   Do you really want to miss out on this?
1100 GS

jacin theis

Imagine yourself here.    ::)
1100 GS

Wacked

Jacin -

Stop posting painful teaser photos!!!

Wacked

hellneau

Jacin

I've ridden the second one, where is the first one?

Number Two

Shafer Switchbacks, White Rim?  So we are going to do that right?

jacin theis

I do believe they are the same location. one from below, one from above. My goal is to ride them. And yes i think they are on the white rim trail. I took the photos from a ride report on advrider. Its less than 30 days away! :o  I am getting excited.   Plumber Mike andIi started hammering out travel plans yesterday. I have ditched the trailer for now. My friend will not be coming, so no need to take two bikes. I also have too many conflicting opinions about the reliability of the BMW with a trailer. Although ther is a thread on advrider specific to GS and trailers. So, for now i will continue to research it, but plan for a great ride out to Moab. We need to try to meet Jerry when we get there. He will already have been ther most of the week i think.  Jerry, can you send over some contact info? if you want some company when we get there.
1100 GS

plumber mike

The group is small enough that I thought about announcing it over at ADVRider. Any objections? I've only told the other Xco folks so far.

Getting excited 8)